Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Super Scooper google sketchup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absulum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Super Scooper google sketchup
    Posted: 01 February 2012 at 8:17pm
Hi,
Built the Mogale Super Scooper in sketchup. Thought id post it here in case anyone found it helpful.
Please note that the dimentions are as on the plan and do not allow for any routing.
Its just a mediafire download of the sketchup file, because i cant work out how you post it here as a 3d image thing (ive seen it done before...)
http://www.mediafire.com/?58qs3p3px82wluj

Edited by Absulum - 01 February 2012 at 9:18pm
heavydub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavydub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2020 at 12:22am
Premise: to a better understanding of my post, please consider "model" as a reference to the sketchup file kindly posted here. Consider "plan" as a reference to the original Rog plan on this website.

Thank you.

Your model is very well done, and strictly respects original plan measures of edges and angles.
I checked every single piece and every single measure (I guess there is just one error, keep reading).

I've never built a scoop in my life, I am in the process of building some in next weeks. So before cutting wood and making errors/mistakes/bad decisions, I guess that an analytical reference (like your model) is the best way to start in 2020, better than using the original plan alone. Expecially if you are a noob like I am.

Thanks to your model, I discovered something that you can't observe by only looking at the plan:

1) The two pieces in the circle don't fit perfectly. But here, even if on plan is not visible, what is happening is totally normal geometrically speaking and measures are correctly used.

2.A) In circle A, the small piece of the triangle doesn't fit perfectly with the two long sides. From the original plan or from real built scoop in online photos, I was expecting a perfect match. Measure in the model are correct, I've double checked them 3 times. So now, a question to expert builders:
What should I do? Using the plan dimentions for that small piece (76cm on the longest side) and build the triangle exaclty as I see in the model? Or tryng to make it fit good? And if yes, how? I could cut a piece with the same 3° angle and with a longest side (77.5cm to be precise). Or I could make long pieces shorter (that I guess is the wrongest solution). I would like to make the best decision from a sound quality point of view (if that small difference could change things, as I told I'm noob and I don't know everything about horns)

2.B) The long side of the piece in circle B have wrong measure in the model. According to the plan, it should be 158mm, here is 152mm (like the mirror piece on the left, that is correctly 152mm long in the model).

Post Reply Post Reply