Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Active Subwoofer amp setup - 12v/24v ... help?!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Active Subwoofer amp setup - 12v/24v ... help?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Saturnus Saturnus wrote:

Originally posted by infrasound infrasound wrote:

Is that the same amp as the PE clearout?

No idea. Just know they work great for a add-on sub duty as it only has speaker inputs, auto-on sensing, pretty good efficiency, built-in sub filter and decent output into lower impedances typically found on suitable speakers like the Eminence Delta-12LFC.

Did you by any chance measure the idle current consumption of this amplifier ? Interested in how it would compare (current consumption-wise) to my Vibe class GH car amp = about 2 x 70W or so into 2 x 4R ....

I'm trying to come up with a bicycle (no trailer) transportable setup ..... now I want to power the amp from a 17Ah SLA and get run-times of 5-6 hours (but might settle for 4 hours) .... not sure if the Vibe amp could do this (running at less than full o/p, but on bass duty).
The Vibe amp consumes 500mA doing nothing ..... if the Kicker amp uses appreciably less, it could be what I'm looking for .....

REMEMBER....POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON
amlu View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 2:44pm
sure electronics 100w... is it only me or they seem to disappear from both ebay and their site? out of stock?

link it up to one of these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electronic-Sub-Woofer-Adjustable-Crossover-Cars-/370579563037?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item564843621d
ghetto way. for a fiver,

or one of these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOSS-Car-Audio-BX35-3-way-electronic-crossover-front-rear-sub-/170735533152?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item27c0a17c60
£60 and lots of knobs to play with :-)

or miniDSP but thats more expensive way.
slaz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by amlu amlu wrote:

sure electronics 100w... is it only me or they seem to disappear from both ebay and their site? out of stock?

link it up to one of these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electronic-Sub-Woofer-Adjustable-Crossover-Cars-/370579563037?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item564843621d
ghetto way. for a fiver,

or one of these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOSS-Car-Audio-BX35-3-way-electronic-crossover-front-rear-sub-/170735533152?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item27c0a17c60
£60 and lots of knobs to play with :-)

or miniDSP but thats more expensive way.

Eh ? Is that addressed to me ? Sure 100W things are no use at all .... need at least 24V .... better at 30V .....
REMEMBER....POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON
amlu View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 3:14pm
i`m using two of them sure amps, especially for bass, and quite like them :-)

amlu View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 3:15pm
running from 12v supply. 
alphabetikal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphabetikal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2012 at 2:39pm
amlu  - thats a highly ghetto solution and trust me I fully respect that. The problem is right tho, that the Sure 100w runs much better at 24V although this might be a solution still as i could run in the house from the mains on a PSU and out of the house then have a choice for 12v or 24v or 30V or whatever batts I can get.
That first crossover thingie is well cheap - good stuff.

Davey T - I think I would be kidding myself if I wanted to spend over £50 on this amp/crossover solution.
Does that work? PM me if you like or carry on in the thread with the info ;D

Slaz - not sure how interested I am in that Vibe...due to postage etc.. lets see what Davey has on offer first.

A
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12