Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

vestax vmc 185xl input faders

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj haydn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: vestax vmc 185xl input faders
    Posted: 19 February 2012 at 4:59pm
unfortunately my vestax faders have given up the goast, im pretty sure they had beer spilled in them by a careless dj at a event i hosted and as a result 1 and 3 only come through one channel if at all, iv had them out the mixer and gave them a good dose of fader lube after using switch cleaner and compressed air and it still didnt work, the part number is if180 but i cannot get one here in the uk, i contacted vestax uk and mike said he's expecting a shipment to arrive but they are around £50 each :( even if i could get the fader bit and desolder the old one from the little pcb it sits on and re solder a new piece back on would be a decent solution but i cant find any such thing, iv read the user manual and it suggests that i can upgrade to the allen and heath if37 a pcv fader of better quality and iv found them for about £50 aswell but they look completely different, does anybody know anything about these mixers or how i would go about fixing it???
contact me for booking the Earwax Sound-system
@ Earwaxsoundsystem@hotmail.co.uk
audiomik View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiomik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2012 at 5:47pm
anyone know if Penny and Giles faders would fit?
Tis just that I have a few of them spare at present

Mik
Warning! May contain Nuts
plus springs, washers, screws, etc, etc.
msoundsystem View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 10:00pm
Reviving an old thread, does anyone know where to get the replacement channel faders from? Carnt find them anywhere that doesent cost the earth..

Cheers 
 Post Reply Post Reply