Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEED HELP with driver selection

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xmax extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2007 at 1:49am
Originally posted by EJT Sound EJT Sound wrote:

MANEX Speaker what made is this???

Try using the NEUSCH 18 inch driver distributed by Kolin Electronics. looks very similar to the Void 18 1000.  u can request from them the thiele small parameters cause its not being posted on their site.

i have a friend who has NEUSCH drivers inside 186 horn, modified the rear chamber a little. (slightly reducing rear chamber volume) produces chest thumping bass and high fidelity low end.

here is their site...

http://www.kolin.com.ph/ourproducts/audio-pa/pd1850.htm

Hugo Biermann View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2007 at 4:44pm
The 1850 has a larger voice coil and can handle double the rated 800w for years on end. It moves more air > huge linear travel.  Its just better suited for the 1850 Horn in every way. Thats why its called the'1850 Horn'.
Stick the C18-650 in the 186. It wont be as loud as the 186, but will probably piss on most of the cabs you can build for the same price when it comes to SPL. Build four, plug them into something like a CA12 [at least] and sit back and enjoy. Thats what I still want to get to do.....

Rog View Drop Down

Rogers Archive Posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2007 at 2:10am
Originally posted by jozoraz jozoraz wrote:

what do you think of this driver in 1850 or 186 box?

RCF LF18N401 here are some preferences

THIELE - SMALL PARAMETERS
Resonance frequency Fs 32 Hz
DC resistance Re 5.1 Ohm
Mechanical factor Qms 6.5    
Electrical factor Qes 0.27    
Total factor Qts 0.26    
BL factor BL 27.8 T - m
Effective Moving Mass Mms 201 gr
Equivalent Cas air load Vas 257 liters
Effective piston area Sd 0.122 m2
Max. linear excursion (mathematical) Xmax 8.8 mm
Voice - coil inductance @ 1kHz Le1k 2.5 mH
Half-space efficiency Eff 3.01 %

I'd put that driver in the 1850 design cab.

I think it will sound really good. The Vas is a bit higher than the PD1850 which is a good thing. The RCF's does not have such a powerful motor system and so will have a bit more low bass and less kick. All things that should make it sound really good in the 1850 horn.

Rog.

Edited by Rog Mogale - 26 February 2007 at 5:03am
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2007 at 5:00am
Originally posted by Three-Bee Three-Bee wrote:

The 1850 has a larger voice coil and can handle double the rated 800w for years on end. It moves more air > huge linear travel.  Its just better suited for the 1850 Horn in every way. Thats why its called the'1850 Horn'.

Three-Bee, are you talking about the the Precision Devices 1850 or this Neusch one ?
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2007 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by ychole audio ychole audio wrote:

Manex speaker?Never heard of this brand,must be the crap speakers from asia.Buy descent one,proven ones!.....MANEX speaker is BASURA!In the real sence of the word!!!!!!! 
not all speakers are crap from Asia my friend.
I live here, so does Rog and i think Arthur G does too

so expect to see some good ones
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12