Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help identifing potentiometer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crossed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help identifing potentiometer
    Posted: 15 March 2012 at 10:43pm
Hello all, I have a pot that I pressed a little too hard and broke.  I have looked online but cannot seem to find one that is exactly the same.  Everything I have found has different soldering points.  If anyone can tell me exactly to type in so I can find it I will be forever grateful!

Here's a pic:

Hopefully you can see that it has B50k written on it and 2 sets of 3 solder points that fit into my amp.
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2012 at 11:05pm
It's a 50KOhm stereo pot and the B probably means a logarithmic taper, I don't think the letter is standardised but they like volume attenuators which means most likely log? Unless they are linear with an external resistor to approximate a log curve.

This sort of thing: http://www.cybermarket.co.uk/shop/connectors/switches/rotary-switches/vra-141s10-potentiometer-stereo-983364.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=H7Media

I'm sure loads of audio places have stock, I have a whole draw of 10K-A, I'd pop you a 50B in the post if I had some...

Edited by odc04r - 15 March 2012 at 11:05pm
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2012 at 11:52pm
B50K = linear 50K and its a dual one.

The thread looks rather long for a standard alpha pot, might be best to get one from the OEM..what's it out of?

PS some similar ones on ebay, check that threaded bush or a replacement might not reach the front panel. (link not associated with me).

ebay item

Edited by kedwardsleisure - 16 March 2012 at 12:04am
Kevin

North Staffordshire

crossed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crossed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 12:33am
Thanks for the replies, the ebay item looks exactly right. 

It is from a car amp.  the pots sit inside of the amp shell and you need a small screwdriver to turn it... I couldn't find a screwdriver so I was using a key and... well you can see the result Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply