Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD15 Response Plots for different drivers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD15 Response Plots for different drivers
    Posted: 01 October 2004 at 7:15am

I measured my system and the response was much flatter than expected, particularly in the bass, where the HD15 (only) was being used for a nice lightweight system with throw.  I expected there to be a peak, as on the HD15 plans, but it was not present.

I've just thought why there might be a difference, the original plots were made for some American specification driver, but I then used an alternative one from P Audio.

Rog, can you give us some predictions on how different drivers should perform in this cabinet?  I can't remember all the new recommendations, but plots of the Eminence, C15 500LF, and the Neo would be a good start.

Rog View Drop Down

Rogers Archive Posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2004 at 8:18am

Hi Andew,

I wish I had time to build three HD 15's and put diffrent drivers in them and do the plots for each of them.

The P Audio that you use will have a fltter response. Its a good driver and works well in the HD 15. The driver I measured was not so good. If only I had the C15 500 LF when I first built the first HD 15.

Rog.

Dom View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2004 at 8:43am
If I can make it to the bass shootout and if I can liberate my system then if anyone has the drivers they can be loaded into some of my HD15's as we used t-nuts and clamps to secure the driver, so they can be loaded with any driver...  We've got PD154's in ours, it would certainly be interesting to see the comparison to a P. Audio
Andrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2004 at 11:43am
I'm hoping to make it too.  I've got two different cabinet build types, and Eminence and P Audio drivers.  Can anyone bring a Neo driver?
loophole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loophole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2004 at 12:57pm
if i can make it, i've got four, with bm-15lf's for yet another comparison. probably even less peakey than the challengers, they go nice and low..........
nightline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2004 at 5:49pm

Originally posted by Dom Dom wrote:

If I can make it to the bass shootout and if I can liberate my system then if anyone has the drivers they can be loaded into some of my HD15's as we used t-nuts and clamps to secure the driver, so they can be loaded with any driver...  We've got PD154's in ours, it would certainly be interesting to see the comparison to a P. Audio

I´m using Beyma 15G400 drivers in my HD15´s, and I love the sound.The freq.respons will be a little bit lower and maybe a Db less.

Kind regards

Jack

Andrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2004 at 6:24pm

Can anyone predict, i.e. not measure empirically, what response drivers suitable for the HD15 produce?  Even a rough estimation would be better than none.

Hopefully we will get some empirical results next weekend.

whitehousejamie View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitehousejamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2004 at 6:04pm

Hi All,

When using the HD15 singly, does the C15 or BM15 driver give a flatter response? I would like to try the C15, to replace the Kappas i use at the moment.

Thanks

Jamie

freddyi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2004 at 6:40pm
in single/pairs hows power handling and punch  of HD15 vs same size angled/vented scoop (like ARLS)? (imagine 40-45Hz highpass is needed on vented type)
 Post Reply Post Reply