Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Db Mark LMS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2012 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

The only problem I had with them was a slightly fiddly menu layout, which you'll overcome with experience (say three gigs tops)

Toasty, have you tried unit with laptop/GUI yet?

Only once personally. The window cannot be resized so looks a bit odd on a high resolution display, and on a smaller one may run off the screen making some adjusments difficult or not possible. The software itself was functionally competent, if a little ugly to look at - you can download the software and try it out without having a unit connected though so have a look for yourself.

I don't think there's better for the money, and the extra processing power makes these very attractive at the common Behringer sort of price range. If they can match the reliability then they're onto a winner and I'd not hesitate to recommend them if you haven't got XTA/Lab Gruppen money.
Joe Grime View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Grime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2012 at 8:33pm

Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

The only problem I had with them was a slightly fiddly menu layout, which you'll overcome with experience (say three gigs tops)

Toasty, have you tried unit with laptop/GUI yet?

Only once personally. The window cannot be resized so looks a bit odd on a high resolution display, and on a smaller one may run off the screen making some adjusments difficult or not possible. The software itself was functionally competent, if a little ugly to look at - you can download the software and try it out without having a unit connected though so have a look for yourself.

I don't think there's better for the money, and the extra processing power makes these very attractive at the common Behringer sort of price range. If they can match the reliability then they're onto a winner and I'd not hesitate to recommend them if you haven't got XTA/Lab Gruppen money.

+1 on Toasty's comments. Been running ours for a while now, seen the jog wheel reverse issue when settting channel gains, and would also like a sizeable gui for my notebook. Using 4in 8 out.

nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2012 at 8:44pm
yeh ive got a note book, and it dont fit on the screen so plus 1 on some softwere that can be adjsuted to your screen size
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
dlyxover View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlyxover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2012 at 8:50pm
I have a ds48 an am very pleased with 
In the Truth there is no news, and in the News there is no truth
hmaudio View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2012 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Mircea Bartic Mircea Bartic wrote:

I have two DP48II DSP's bought off Tony at Frankfurt

I put one in my test rack for the last week and I abuse it every day in the shop

It's replacing a ECLER AMiC 24 processor I had in there.

Until nou I can't fault it. It sounds great, the menu is dead simple to use (never used the PC conection or the manual).

I really think it's a great piece of kit.

the only downside it's the placement of the on/off button on the back of the case. I would have liked it on the front. Oh, and I would recomend Neutrik conectors in the future versions. There's nothing wrong with the existing ones as they seem to be good quality but I'd preffer to have the best.

The high end unit with the color LCD has neutrik conectors already, so is a step in the right direction.

Thanks Tony !Wink
That unit looks quite similar to my citronics dsp
Nottingham based cab builder. https://www.facebook.com/HMAudio-154352667920145/?ref=bookmarks
This account is used by 2 people.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by hmaudio hmaudio wrote:

Originally posted by Mircea Bartic Mircea Bartic wrote:

I have two DP48II DSP's bought off Tony at Frankfurt

I put one in my test rack for the last week and I abuse it every day in the shop

It's replacing a ECLER AMiC 24 processor I had in there.

Until nou I can't fault it. It sounds great, the menu is dead simple to use (never used the PC conection or the manual).

I really think it's a great piece of kit.

the only downside it's the placement of the on/off button on the back of the case. I would have liked it on the front. Oh, and I would recomend Neutrik conectors in the future versions. There's nothing wrong with the existing ones as they seem to be good quality but I'd preffer to have the best.

The high end unit with the color LCD has neutrik conectors already, so is a step in the right direction.

Thanks Tony !Wink
That unit looks quite similar to my citronics dsp

Got a model no/URL for that ?

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
ermita View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ermita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 3:18pm

Edited by ermita - 31 January 2016 at 8:44pm
Rorikx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rorikx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2018 at 12:28am
Tengo un 3 xca36 y el sonido está bien, pero el limitador y el compresor no funcionan bien. Intento configurar con diferentes modos, pero es imposible obtener un control seguro de los altavoces. El crompresor es demasiado lento para controlar el sonido y el sonido del limitador CRUNCH cuando sound its high.

Very very bad compresor and limiter.

The firmware version is 5.01
junoprobelaunch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2018 at 11:07am
I recently picked up a DP24 (would've rather had spare outputs but was second hand and a good price) and it's honestly a really good bit of kit. Everything is easily settable using the screen and it's very straight forward and does exactly what you need. Limiters seem very reliable and the overall sound quality is awesome. The software is also very good although is a tad redundant given how easy the screen is to use. Having said that, using the software allows you to change what the interface says (had alot of fun with that lol) and also password lock your display to prevent tampering. Overall definitely reccomend you to pick one up.
Hope this helps
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2018 at 5:30pm
Does anyone know how to reset passwords on those DP units?
(Someone managed to lock us out of an/our install rack, no one seems to remember the password.. doh)

cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12