Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

help with box for three 15s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lycantheleopard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help with box for three 15s
    Posted: 13 April 2012 at 10:47pm
i really wish i could put longer titles in cause i really wanted to say, would someone be able to sim a box for three 15s for me?  short titles seem so demanding somehow. 

drivers in questian are the cappa pro 15 lfa, heres the t/s for you.

Specifications:
• Power handling: 600 watts RMS
• VCdia: 3"
• Le: 1.27 mH
• Impedance: 8 ohms
• Re: 5.4 ohms
• Frequency range: 38-2,700 Hz
• Magnet weight: 95 oz.
• Fs: 39 Hz
• SPL: 99 dB 1W/1m
• Vas: 5.6 cu. ft.
• Qms: 6.08
• Qes: 0.41
• Qts: 0.38
• Xmax: 5.5 mm
• Dimensions: Overall Diameter: 15.16", Cutout Diameter: 13.77", Mounting Depth: 6.38".

the height and width of the box need to be kept the same but the depth is flexible.

outer dimensions are
height 48
width 21.5
depth 30?

this is the idea, three fifteens verticly with four ports two between each driver, 3 or 4inches in diameter and...? long.

i could do slot port up the whole side of the cabinet, but the reason for doing the round ports is i can tune to 37 hz for small gigs, and then pull them, and tune to 60 or so for larger gigs as kick bins over four eighteen subs.

this would mean that when mocking this up, you'd be going for two tunings only by changing the port tubes.

would anyone be willing to plot this up in bassbox pro or winisd?  i am flexible on the tunings but am going for good extention to 40 hz on the low tune and lots of 90 hz slam on the higher one.

is this possible?

Edited by lycantheleopard - 14 April 2012 at 4:17am
rffrecords View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rffrecords Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2012 at 10:43am
First things first. How thick is your wood? 3/4 of an inch?
lycantheleopard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lycantheleopard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2012 at 2:05pm
duh! i knew i forgot something..yes, 3/4 birch ply is usually what i get, i dunno how to calculate for bracing because usually i use scraps and whatnot so..how would one know?  i can take bracing into account later, that kind of stuff i can do with google calculator, but the actual simming of the drivers in the box is what i cant do.
 Post Reply Post Reply