Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bass bins

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amplighting&sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bass bins
    Posted: 18 April 2012 at 6:26pm
Hello boy girls and both i hav 8 tms2s and i want 8 to 16 bass bins what would work well bin offed 1850s and some thunder ridge but not shaw on what ones to go for
Tocooltom View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tocooltom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2012 at 12:15pm
What kind of music do you play? where do you use your system? Do you want a single bass cab solution, or a dedicated sub and dedicated kick bin? Personaly i prefer a system to have a dedicated kick bin but each to his own Wink

My favorites would be the following, in no particular order...

punishers - Truama use the punisher and tms2 combo to good effect

1850s - standard really, AnWatt and Odyssey use 1850 with tms2,

looney bins - very similar to 1850 just better inferior sounds use looney bins with tms5 which is very similar to the tms2

INVADERS - the new must have cab for many reasons, easy to build, big bang for buck

Edited by Tocooltom - 19 April 2012 at 12:18pm
Wrek0ne View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrek0ne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2012 at 12:28pm
Punisher's + TMS2's = pleasant
1850's + TMS2's = no so pleasant

TMS2's I think sound best when over the top of a large group of BPH's, not so subbbbbby but in a group of 8 or 16 the ES18BPH or USB will play to 40Hz but will remain fast and seriously punchy.  
Poll this!
Amplighting&sound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amplighting&sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2012 at 12:46pm
Cool beans thank u i use my rig in a cinama most the time for rock to open mic nights and every thing in bertween but its all live not a lot of play back
Tocooltom View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tocooltom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2012 at 2:10pm
By the sounds of it you dont need super low bass on the other side of the room LOL

ES18bph or USBs a will do nicely i think. Have you looked at tapped horns? apparently they are very good indoors but i have no first hand experience with them.

Do you normally stack the rigs on stage? do you splay your tms2s?

Amplighting&sound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amplighting&sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2012 at 3:02pm
Stack it on floor and ya splay and tip the tops
 Post Reply Post Reply