Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X10, X12, X15 and XM15
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New dimentions for X10 or X12 without the Horn

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absulum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New dimentions for X10 or X12 without the Horn
    Posted: 29 April 2012 at 3:50pm
Im looking to build either a couple of X10's or X12's to do mids (no horn section). Im gonna build a HF box separately to go on top.

It doesn't look like there is a divider between the Horn section and the reflex enclosure... Do i need to work out the internal volume of the box, and keep it the same (reduced height therefore increased depth)?

Should i tune it differently also if its only gonna be on mids? (im a mac user so cant run WinISD, and wouldn't know where to start with it anyway haha)

Am i right in thinking that the holes are just... well holes (it says port depth = 18mm)? Or do i need to put in some tubes?

And finally, any ideas on budget drivers? (as budget as possible - fund is whatever it needs to be, but gotta raise it all so the cheaper the better).

Thanks for any help Big smile

Edited by Absulum - 29 April 2012 at 3:51pm
vertx View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2012 at 5:58am
-

Edited by vertx - 05 June 2023 at 1:19am
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2012 at 6:24am
Before worrying about the box sort out the drivers that you want to use and then work out a suitable box. I would have thought that Fane would have a suitable budget driver.

http://www.fane-acoustics.com/prod_details.aspx?pid=203  ??

Once you have the drivers in mind I am sure some nice soul on here will do you the box calcs. It is actually very easy to design your own, download WinISD* and have a play.

Tony

* http://www.linearteam.dk/default.aspx?pageid=winisd
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
vertx View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2012 at 9:57am
-

Edited by vertx - 05 June 2023 at 1:19am
Absulum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absulum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 6:26pm
OK cheers, I've downloaded WinISD on ma dads Windows so having a play around on that. Probably go for the Fane drivers too :)

Post Reply Post Reply