Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Does anyone have a pair of mth-30/cubo12 to rent
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Does anyone have a pair of mth-30/cubo12 to rent

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannyboy_086 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does anyone have a pair of mth-30/cubo12 to rent
    Posted: 05 May 2012 at 2:15pm
Hi guys

Basically a friend runs a small night at a bar in withington

Went down last night (to another night) and their PA consisted of a single wharfedale Evo15xp and 2x 8" dj monitor's

Needless to say the dj was banging it out and it sounded absolutely awful, plenty of distortion and my ears were ringing after I left.

I spoke to a couple of the staff who said they're interested in getting a new pa in

My question is this does anyone have a compact PA i could rent/borrow/pay for in beer to show them what they're missing out on and to facilitate an eventual sale for myself and my carpenter mate who occasionaly build speakers.

Was thinking of trying to get my hands on something like

2x MTH-30's or 2x Cubo 12's - Compact bass section
2x X12's or X15's or similar compact reflex tops
I've got a berry cx3400, thomman 2x300w amp, gemini 2x 125w and a warrior audio 2x75w amp to power/process it.

Know its a big ask and a bit cheeky seeing as I'm trying to make a sale out of it however everyone on here is so sound and it's something I've been looking at doing for a while, just don't have the funds to build the speakers myself at the moment. I've contacted the designers of the cubo and the mth-30 to see how they feel about me selling their designs.

Thanks

Danny

p.s. if anyone knows of any hire companies that have those speakers or any forum users that do please post. Am in the proccess of trawling through speakerplans to do that very thing.d
Disco Stu View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Disco Stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 6:04pm
Depending on the setup of the venue if you are going for X12 or X15 on the top you might consider a single corner or wall loaded horn sub.

Stu
All you need to know is:
Sensitivity + Power Handling - Power Compression = Max Output

My acts:
www.myspace.com/thebowiexperience
www.myspace.com/scheisseelektronisches
Dannyboy_086 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannyboy_086 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 7:03pm
Thanks, is just assumed a pair but that's a good idea, do th's benefit from corner loading much?
infrasound View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infrasound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 7:36pm
Yes. Go a little lower and increased sensitivity.

Two would be better though, double the thermal headroom.
 Post Reply Post Reply