Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

macro-tech vs micro-tech

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaun1264 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2022 at 3:43pm
Looking good

I'll be servicing another Micro-Tech tomorrow.  New filter caps, bias adjustment, CMR adjustment and check ODEP.  This will be the one with the worn Fanformer.  I have a small transformer with secondary 18-0-18v for the main board supply that I'll use. 
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2022 at 3:47pm
From where you bought the new filter caps? i mean there are new or nos? Cheers
EmPro Audio
shaun1264 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaun1264 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2022 at 6:44pm
New old stock which I purchased in 2019.  I see some of the capacitor pricing has rocketed now. 10,000uF 100v

I remember when I purchased my fist ever Micro-Tech 1200 when I was about 15.  In my bedroom I had two pairs of JBL Control 1's on a Sherwood HiFi Amp.  I swapped the amplifier for the Micro-Tech and after a little while I noticed a lack of bass and distortion.  I looked at the Control 1's and noticed the cones had completely separated from the foam surrounds.  I wasn't even playing loud. The sheer power, damping factor-cone control had destroyed them.  They were fine for many years hooked up to this Sherwood amp. 

Amazing amps invented by Jim Wordinger and Gerald Stanley

Edited by shaun1264 - 29 June 2022 at 6:46pm
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2022 at 8:56pm
Poor JBL-s.....the MT1200 was overkill for them LOL i also have some NOS that i use in my MT-s bought from Ebay,there still 4 of them left if anyone needs them:

Edited by EmPro - 29 June 2022 at 9:08pm
EmPro Audio
Andylaser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andylaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2022 at 11:52am
Originally posted by EmPro EmPro wrote:

...however you can draw 12kw easly from any Uk domestic network with the right MCB and cables,ask me how i know LOLLOL

Some years ago, I modified the cooker supply and fitted a 32A cee form socket and matching plug on the stove. Made the kitchen a great place to fire up mid frame argon lasers. Smile
"music so loud, that if we move in next door to you; your lawn will die" - Lemmy
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2022 at 12:02pm
The UK network supply is quite capabile of high current,expecially in London where i live,the new buildings have 4mm and even 6mm twin and earth cables for oven and induction cookers,so you can draw loads of amps from that circuit without any single problem.

Edited by EmPro - 01 July 2022 at 12:03pm
EmPro Audio
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2022 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by EmPro EmPro wrote:

the new buildings have 4mm and even 6mm twin and earth cables for oven and induction cookers

10mm2 on a 45 or 50Amp breaker seems to be getting more common on new circuits with range cookers when diversity is applied.

Edited by APW - 01 July 2022 at 3:35pm
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2022 at 3:42pm
10mm....damn....i think is way to much for domestic house....but if is required... Big smile why not...more current for us Big smile i can finally use MT-s in house LOLLOL

Edited by EmPro - 01 July 2022 at 3:45pm
EmPro Audio
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345