Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

21" X1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2006 at 12:26pm
also what happens if the line goes above the red zero line?
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
CHAMPION View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAMPION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2007 at 6:41am
Still no luck with any progress, I aint got Winisd, or bass box pro etc, can any one lend me a copy so i can get started on this project, or if not size up the cab etc.

THANKS
Sticks n Stones
mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2007 at 7:26am
WinISD is free mate, do a google.

Wkr Johan
KenTech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KenTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 6:12pm
contact me on the Yahoo messenger Id :  fechy4u, or my e-mail adress fechy4u@yahoo.com  and i will give it to you bassbox6 pro.
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2007 at 5:24pm

i have been having a play with winisd and have come up with the following, the cab is 1m long, 650 long and about 1m deep.

the best i could get is the following response

is it worth building or should i try something else?  the aim is to go low.

so either this or the hog scoop

img204/6720/x2uz4.jpg
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
mstep77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstep77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2007 at 7:32pm
I've tried modelling this a few times for fun, model the x1 over the top with the SD18 or pd186.  When i do it the 18"'s always come out with much more spl and possibly lower.

From what i've done it seems like a bad idea, especially as the pd2150 is twice the price, but, the X1 was modelled in bass box pro i think so that program may come out with completly different results.  Anyone know how acurate winisd is for BP boxes?

Also the box is gonna be massive and very heavy.
Best regards

Matt
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2007 at 10:03pm
Maybe the PD2150 isn't the right driver......  Consider the new B&C 21" neo driver.

I think WinISD is fairly accurate in terms of the tunings and response shape but not so much with the SPL.  When I compare reflex and bandpass in WinISD the bandpass never seems to produce as much gain over the reflex as it should.
loonie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 9:35am
Think the point was tho to build some cheaper boxes that do the same job, only as he has some spare 21's left over.

My thoughts anyway...
JaKe View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaKe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 9:59am
If you intend on using a digital processor with the bandpass box it may be worth treating the filters and box as a system, maybe building an under damped boingy sounding but efficient box and using the eq to dampen it down again?

JaKe
Jhodas View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhodas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2007 at 1:22am
Champ, what you playing on these? Are you determined to have a Bp? Maybe someone can knock up a 21" version of an 1850 horn for you, would be more efficient by about 3dB (at a guess)
Until the Lions have their own historians, tales of hunting will always glorify the hunter.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12