Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vnc / remote access app

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2012 at 10:46am
Originally posted by nuclearbass nuclearbass wrote:

Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

We have a computer section for questions like this, that's why it was created.

Sorry admin..... Oh I forgot ur not!

Things Hardly get replies to in the sections lower down the forum.

Lev - Admin? Ahh feck, I'm off to FSP.......Wink

Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:01am
Originally posted by MattStolton MattStolton wrote:

Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

We have a computer section for questions like this, that's why it was created.

Sorry admin..... Oh I forgot ur not!

Things Hardly get replies to in the sections lower down the forum.

Lev - Admin? Ahh feck, I'm off to FSP.......Wink

Be sure to post in the R&C Forum over there, I know that mod very well. Wink
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
kevin tyler View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:33am
hi guys i started using vnc at my gigs last night, i had a few hic ups, which where resolved by rebooting my laptops,

for some reason 

the lappie on stage was not receiving key strokes from the lappie in the audience, "Q" for example to cue a song in the interval playback list on winamp, but a reboot sorted that.

and the audience, i think they thought i was connected to some sort of  wireless oracle which would enable me to sing anything from celine dion to mr's mills. no rebbot required.

cheers

kev

nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2012 at 2:55pm
right got this set up now, im using real vnc on laptop and phone, when i go onto the db mark softwere and try and alter the eq using the graph, how to i click and drag it about like i would on the laptop, same with the sliders, or can i not do this??

Edited by nuclearbass - 02 August 2012 at 3:31pm
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2012 at 4:21pm

right got this set up now, im using real vnc on laptop and phone, when i go onto the db mark softwere and try and alter the eq using the graph, how to i click and drag it about like i would on the laptop, same with the sliders, or can i not do this??
VNC on iPhone can be a bit weird for dragging stuff, from a laptop you should be able to click and drag as if you were sat in front of it, I have had trouble with my  iPhone dragging I use RealVNC Viewer V 2.0.3.86126 and VNC as a host client on XP, I sometimes just click where i want eh fader to go...
The iPad seems much happier, perhaps it is my clumsy fingers on a small screen...
Smile
nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2012 at 4:25pm
al give it a whirl when i get a moment, but i could work out how to do it.  ill try zoming in so the target areas big enuff for the mamoth fingers 
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
devouk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2012 at 4:16pm
also teamviewer which comes with an iphone app. it is free for personal non commercial use: has a lot of features
colinmono View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2012 at 4:35pm
Remoter VNC is the best iPhone app I've found for remote ultradrive control. (better than the Real VNC one).

It has a nice feature which turns the screen into a virtual mouse touch pad, making operating slider type controls much more feasible, as you can position the cursor over the control without it being under your finger.

Added bonus for real geeks is that it also has SSH terminal support.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12