Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Behringer inuke NU6000 vs KAM KXD7200 bench tested
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Behringer inuke NU6000 vs KAM KXD7200 bench tested

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2018 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by shaneukcouk shaneukcouk wrote:

Looking at the new NX range they may have fixed the HF issue (although boards look the same) but everything else looks like the same amp.

NX = New Xterior

First thing ppl moaned about was the looks, not the sound but how it looked.

So Berry have fixed the most important thing first I guess Big smile
If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
Sabbelbacke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabbelbacke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2018 at 10:09pm
thanx for the feedback!
Originally posted by shaneukcouk shaneukcouk wrote:

...Looking at the new NX range they may have fixed the HF issue (although boards look the same)
At least they claim they adressed this issue, didn't check though..

Edited by Sabbelbacke - 04 December 2018 at 10:09pm
bmholbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmholbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2018 at 10:17pm
No harm commenting after you have seen in use! My pair are still going strong and certainly got the value I expected out of them. I bought the first one as a refurbished special and was what I could afford at the time. It did the job so I eventually picked up a  2nd one used to keep as a backup and for use on those rare occasions I rented a second pair of subs. I was running these on Yamaha CW218 cabinets so not the most extreme tests.

This year I built a pair of G-Subs loaded with RCF drivers and have found the INukes adequate for the heavier drivers.  I now more frequently use both amps and have not had a breakdown to date.... I only use these things a half dozen times a year or so. Given my non pro and low utilization I am pleased with the purchase... if one dies during a gig I can at least keep 2 cabinets going. 

For what they cost these things met my expectations and I’m not sure the next alternatives are any more robust (Peavey IPR etc)x if the IPR series was anything like the amps they put on the first version of the powered ribbon monitors I’m glad I went with the cheaper Berry. 

Thanks for sharing your findings!
Dreadnaught
Panther City Productions
teslaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teslaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2018 at 11:08pm
Interestingly I have recently owned some of the later production NU1000 and NU3000 models and they both have additional circuitry in them which is basically a UcD style class-D with feedback after the output filter! They still use the same MOSFET driver but have added a discrete comparator to drive it.
Seems they have been testing their new 'load invariant' designs in the field for some time now :)
I suspect the different topology in the NU6000 means they didn't apply it to that model (as far as i know - I don't have any recently produced versions to check).
The circuit also has an extra active LF pole over the standard UcD topology so should have very good damping factor at the low end.
The only downside I have seen is a noticeable DC offset on the outputs caused by using a DC coupled circuit all the way from the DAC on the DSP models. This does lead to some rail pumping at idle on the worst one I've seen so I felt the need to fix it to improve reliability! Provided they solved this issue in the new range and keep the prices the same I think they will be good value again.

If anyone has any late vintage NU6000s and can post a pic with the lid removed i can identify any newly added circuitry from that....
Sabbelbacke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabbelbacke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2018 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by kedwardsleisure kedwardsleisure wrote:

Kam of course no longer with us

These amps were from deton, still sold as SYNQ brand and others.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112