Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Linux users help please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Linux users help please
    Posted: 07 August 2012 at 10:41pm
I have noticed a strange behaviour with gstreamer based audio players on Linux and wondered if any other Linux users (and I know there's a few on here) could try this to see if it's just my setup or general. Theres nothing I can find in the forums.

If I play a sequence of MP3's (whether in a playlist or straight from the media library) there is no problem

if I play a sequence of flac's, the same, no problem.

however, If an MP3 is playing and the next track in the queue, playlist, or track view is a flac then the flac wont play until after a long delay. This is not intermittant, it happens every time.

Does anybody else have Banshee, Rythmbox etc with flacs and MP3's in their library and would be willing to try this for me. It appears to be only the gstreamer players at fault, VLC is OK. Also its OK if you just double click to  play a flac after a MP3, it only fails when an MP3 comes to the end naturally and the next track is a flac.

Thanks in advance

You don't always get what you pay for, but you always pay for what you get.
 Post Reply Post Reply