Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

mini/micro scoop plans.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2006 at 8:49am
i dont think there are many people who have built these 15" mini scoops so i guess if i had to decide on a driver i would look at what is popular in full size scoops and use the 15" equivalent. PD156 sounds good or maybe Fane Colossus 15XB.

edit: lots of discussion here regarding scoop drivers

Edited by Static Age - 28 October 2006 at 8:51am
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2006 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by CHAMPION CHAMPION wrote:

hmmm oky..so what do you rekon wiill sound good in thoes micro scoop cabs..PD156 or 1550, of 18 sound drivers ?? Rather than buying the Rcf driver ? Any suggestions

You told us you made a pair of micro scooper 15's with PD156 in them and they beated a pair of T18's and B-lines.

Hmm and now your asking what drivers will sound good in them cabs. Sounds like you didn't make a pair at all.

"Thoes Micro - scoops are Very good, I made a pair loaded with PD156, if I had to compare, the sound is close to a folded horn. I would say the Micro scoops have a deeper punchyer Bass than the B-Lines and the T-18's.
im going to make some more soon. The Punishers will offcourse have the best Bass Line !". You said this at the bottom of this page: http://www.speakerplans.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6051&PN=5

Static Age View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2006 at 5:58am

well spotted Toxic, i would say its clear from Champions posts in this thread that he has indeed never built any of stapiers micro scoops.

CHAMPION View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAMPION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2006 at 6:18am
I just wanted to see what your thoughts were ! im happy with a pd in these cabs but id just see what you guys would say!! So its seems i was right   I havent got any Rcf drivers, so they could have sounded better than a PD as this cab is a Rcf clone  !!!
Sticks n Stones
SmokeyJoe View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmokeyJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2006 at 6:25am
Oh great - i was reccomended to use PD156's in the Microscoops by CHAMPION and really he dosent have a clue what they would sound like
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2006 at 12:43am

I just wanted to see what your thoughts were ! im happy with a pd in these cabs but id just see what you guys would say!! So its seems i was right   I havent got any Rcf drivers, so they could have sounded better than a PD as this cab is a Rcf clone  !!!

So did you or didn't you, actually build the micro scooper 15's and load them with PD156? Cos from this post you made it sounds like you didn't.

Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2006 at 12:44am
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe SmokeyJoe wrote:

Oh great - i was reccomended to use PD156's in the Microscoops by CHAMPION and really he dosent have a clue what they would sound like

Yeah it sounds like he didn't make them judging by this post.

Anyway the PD156 does look like a good driver for scoops. I know from experience that the Fane 15XB works well in 15 inch scoops. But not sure if it would work well in the micro scooper 15 though.
soundsystemdan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundsystemdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2006 at 6:55am
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe SmokeyJoe wrote:

im happy with a pd in these cabs
... work it out.
CHAMPION View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAMPION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2006 at 7:12am
LOL..Just to clearify, Im happy with the PD156 or 1550. If you look in the forsale section I have some 15" Scoops forsale, now I have tryed Fane xb, eminence and pd out of them the pd overall works well and sounds great, this is the reason why iv choosen the pd for the Microscoop !!
I anint got any Rcf drivers I aint heard them in the microscoop, so from my experence with the scoops, the pd 156 or 1550 will sound good in the microscoop !!
UNLESS anyone else has heard any other driver which sounds better !
Which by the looks of no one has !

So final verdict...PD156 or 1550

Edited by CHAMPION - 30 October 2006 at 10:34am
Sticks n Stones
soundsystemdan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundsystemdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 2:54pm
So what do these things sound like? are they deep? punchy? kicky? - or are they like bigger scopps in losing the kick through cancellations?
Are they like 15" reflex, 18" reflex, horn loaded, bandpass or what?
How low can you go with a stack of 4?
Does anyone have any response plots?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12