Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X10, X12, X15 and XM15
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X12 Low/Mid/Hi?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcourtneyvincent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X12 Low/Mid/Hi?
    Posted: 11 September 2012 at 11:06am
I have got some X12 cabs and was wondering if i could load the the top 12" with a mid driver and the bottom 12" with a bass driver to create a full range cab. Would this sound weird?
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 2:32pm
Yes bad idea, you could run the bottom 12" say <400hz and the top 12" <2K and use a quality 1" comp.

If you use very high quality 12" Bass/mid drivers and optimise the tuning then an X12 style box is perfectly capable of doing full-range. Ask anyone who has heard my take on this style of box :)

Tony
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
tcourtneyvincent View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcourtneyvincent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 5:28pm
So you saying that i could run them at different frequencys but the drivers have to be the same? If so why? Doesnt seem like a very efficiant way of doing it
 Post Reply Post Reply