Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X10, X12, X15 and XM15
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X12 without horn

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zinderpuighie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X12 without horn
    Posted: 25 September 2012 at 11:30pm
Has anyone tried the X12 without the compression Driver?. I was thinking of putting HF's in separate box and having it just as a mid box. How much do you think I should take off the volume! Cheers!
bitSmasher View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 9:08am
pretty sure I've seen a couple of modular X12s so they can run one or two (or more) 12" horns with the highs as a seperate unit.
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2012 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by zinderpuighie zinderpuighie wrote:

Has anyone tried the X12 without the compression Driver?. I was thinking of putting HF's in separate box and having it just as a mid box. How much do you think I should take off the volume! Cheers!

If you want to keep the performance as close to the original as possible (for the mid section), then you'd only remove the volume that would have been used up by the original HF Driver + Horn combination.
However, as the original drivers aren't available any more anyway, you might be as well starting with curent drivers and just picking a box size + tuning that works well for them in the first place.
Cheers,
David.
 Post Reply Post Reply