Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Harfield M2000

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wikl109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2022 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by samwhistler samwhistler wrote:

Hi Chris
My Name is Sam and I am new to the Forum I have a Harfield Matrix 2U 1000 Amp Bought in 1993 and I have been looking for a service manual or schematic for ages without any luck. One channel blew up. do you have any links were I can search please.
Sam.

Hi Sam,
As far as I know the schematic or service manuals never really existed for these amps. All the earlier Matrix amplifiers were all just based on a very similar design that was just scaled up or down for the size of the amp.
They are pretty simple in layout and any decent engineer should be able to fix these still.
The design of these was very 'Old skool', like disco gear used to be.
I still own one of the UKP range and also a Vector 350. I've owned about 10 of these amps over the years.
These older amps do still all sound very 'hi-Fi' like. Compared to more modern designs though the pre-amp sections are very noisy.
Amplifiers of this age will also most certainly need to be re-capped at some point. The originals will be starting to dry out by now.
You're best bet is maybe to give Matrix themselves a ring. They may well service it for you or can at least let you know who can.
Cheers, Chris.
samwhistler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samwhistler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2022 at 3:08pm
Thanks for that Chris
will do.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123