Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Zr33 problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intensesound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zr33 problem
    Posted: 18 October 2012 at 8:40am
All I can say was working come to use it again plug it in power comes on but then nothing any ideas any one what it could be or where to start with it because its been on my kitchen table for over a month and its getting on my nerves thanks guys
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2012 at 6:07pm
Does it get warm in any way?
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
intensesound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intensesound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2012 at 9:54pm
No does not get warm

monkeypuzzle View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2012 at 2:22pm
Its very possible that the thermo has tripped, open up the top of the main body of it and theres a small temp swich that may have popped out. If so, push it back in. failing that, the heater hmay have burnt out, not got one open at the moment but there will be two wires coming out of the big lump of alli. Meter them out as you would a speaker cone and as long as it ain't open circuit it should be ok..

blah blah blah blah blah......
steviec_lj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steviec_lj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2012 at 8:37am
UNPLUG FROM THE MAINS BEFORE PROCEEDING

You can fit a table knife through the casing on these, as the thermal trip is located on top of the heater block housing at the front of the unit.

Worked on a few of these, and if the thermal trip keeps going, you'll be needing a new heater block, which could be interesting as I was recently informed that Martin/Jem are now stopping support/parts for quite a few machines including but not limited to;

TechnoHaze
StageHaze
ZR24-7 Haze
ZR33
ZR12
ZR22

Which is unfortunate, as they're all the right machines you want to own. Especially the ZR33 with its twin pumps and heaters for non stop smoke!
intensesound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intensesound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 7:28am
Thanks guys another zr bites the dust book heater block new zr44 me thinks
 Post Reply Post Reply