Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lighting Advice Please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote okianok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lighting Advice Please
    Posted: 25 October 2012 at 10:05pm
We are a 3 piece band playing pubs

our lights consist of 2 equinox micro bars and a foot processor

we want to add to this without sending a fortune

we are thinking of some uplighters a strobe smoke machine and a couple of lazers

any advice what makes etc without spending a fortune
kingkwak View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingkwak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2012 at 10:29pm
If you want cheap, second hand is the way to go.
As a good buy, I use Maplins mini star cluster laser (red and green). I dont rate much of Maplins stuff but these are alright, one of mine is a B stock bought 18 months ago and still working ok. Paid £25 for it.
To much power? NEVER.
Lex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 8:11am
American DJ led par's are great as uplighters and better quality then the cheapo chinese stuff, can pick them up for <£50 (for a bit more dosh they do a battery powered version!)
I wouldnt go for a smoke machine, they can easily set off the smoke dectectors, get a small haze machine
hope that helps!

kingkwak View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingkwak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 7:25pm
The better smoke machines have the ability to adjust the time,duration and amount of smoke output. We have a venue that will allow a haze machine but not a smoke machine, so we just have to remember to call it a hazer for the night and turn it down a bit.
To much power? NEVER.
 Post Reply Post Reply