Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Clay Paky - Golden Scan 4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clay Paky - Golden Scan 4
    Posted: 28 October 2012 at 9:21pm
Why are they so f-ing big? Seriously, do they need to be that big?
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 9:29pm
Yes. And to be authentic they should be on a spigot on a frotty. Real men could lift them on on their own, which is why most of us have fucked backs now.  Smile
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 9:45pm
If you think GoldenScans are a PITA Sam, try flinging around some of our Cyberlight SV's!

Proper bastard lol
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 10:01pm
we used to have meat racks, each holding 8 flightcased superscan zooms ( 18" longer and 15Kg heavier than golden scan 4's).....roughly 1 ton a go...

then, the meat racks each holding 6 long throw 2K super troopers, with reactive ( 3 man lift) ballasts and stands, even heavier.

great lamps though
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 2:10am
Yeah, they waste almost any mving head on the planet and to do that that use a cheap lamp and a viable optical path, try taking one up a caving ladder!!!Smile
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2012 at 12:36am
Sold all my GS3's I sware if you look at them hard enough they will break! Looking back on it I have spent probably DAYS repairing Golden Scans on site. Still I look at them and get that warm fuzzy feeling. Always putting them on my ebay watch list.

@ Dylan CyberLights are the ones to go for :) they are smaller but pretty much the same weight too. Also a lot stronger still getting close to the 20yr mark.

All my GS's were in twin flightcases for some daft reason bloody nightmare to stack away.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2012 at 1:26am
Originally posted by dylan-penguinmedia dylan-penguinmedia wrote:

If you think GoldenScans are a PITA Sam, try flinging around some of our Cyberlight SV's!

Proper bastard lol
Yep Twice the weight, half the light and 3 times more lightly to die!!! LOL
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2012 at 11:20am
I am sure a Cyberlight is only about 3kg heavier just smaller so it feels heavier.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
tall_mike View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tall_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2012 at 11:38am
I must have been the only mug to buy Roboscan 1220s then! Did they ever leave the warehouse? God no!!
woody2 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2012 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by tall_mike tall_mike wrote:

I must have been the only mug to buy Roboscan 1220s then! Did they ever leave the warehouse? God no!!

i was a martin dealer back in the early 90's so had a stock of them, also the robozap 1200LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply