Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin F12+

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goodvibetribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Martin F12+
    Posted: 28 November 2012 at 8:56pm
I have just got hold of a pair of these off the bay (for a very modest price if i may say so). After taking them back and trying them out they sound awesome, very clean and clear espeicially in the highs. Quite a step up from the Peaveys i was using before. I was just wondering though, does anyone else own a pair of these or use them often? Apart from limiter settings, do you use any EQ or processing in the LMS for these to get the best out of them? There is some info on Martins website but not regarding EQ. Obviously I'll have a play about myself but any other tips would be great. Thanks George
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 10:00pm
AFAIK, the F12's were used with flat EQ, only tailoring for the room if needed.
I used to have a pair of EM76's (pretty similar) and they never needed any changes, only used to cross them over at 100Hz when they went out with subs underneath. (This was for mobile DJ shizzle).
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
Jasonstry View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonstry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 10:12pm
With a sub, HPF at 125Hz, 24 dB/Oct LR, +6 dB @ 66Hz, 1Q or 1.4 Oct, LPF @ 22 KHz, 24 dB/Oct according to a spreadsheet from Martin.  PM my your email and I will send it on.
Andy
Down with signatures!
Goodvibetribe View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goodvibetribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 10:27pm
Pm'ed.
Yeah they do sound good flat tbh. Whether they will be used with subs deppends on what they are being used for. Generally though they will be (self built ones though, not martin. Either WBins, Scoops Or for big events, Both.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goodvibetribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2012 at 2:44am
On Another note, If anyone knows where i can get a replacement badge for the front of one of these, then that would also be great. One is missing annoyingly.
chilli View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chilli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2012 at 8:46am
lmc audio for the badge

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can allow you to be miserable in comfort.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goodvibetribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2012 at 3:26pm
Cheers dude
 Post Reply Post Reply