Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD 15 Horn

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spained Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD 15 Horn
    Posted: 18 October 2004 at 4:14pm

Can someone tell me which tpye of accoustic material do I need to put inside the HD15 cab and were? can you recommend a shop were I can buy this material east london or anywhere I london?

thanks

whitehousejamie View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitehousejamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 4:17pm

Hi,

Andrew would be the best person to ask, as i believe he has covered the front of his HD15s with 5mm of acoustically transparent foam.

Andrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 7:57pm
I think that Rog recommended Fibreglass or BAF wadding against the curved bit of the horn, as a start. Never did get around to  making any notes from the old messages on the forum or trying any myself.  As Jamie says, I've got some thin foam on the front, just to make the speakers disappear a little visually.
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 11:07pm
I've just acquired 4 of Dom's HD15's so i'll try and take some piccies internally of what he's done.  I think they sound pretty good.
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
Dom View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2004 at 12:25am

Not really any need for pictures.  I just stapled in the foam that looks like egg cartons on at least 3 of the sides...  Fairly sure any kind of wadding will do the job.  We bought it from CPC and it cost about £4 for a 3' x 3' sheet which is enough to do 2 HD15's...

Post Reply Post Reply