Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boominator MINI (development thread)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 100101102
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
puzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2020 at 1:32pm
boominator digest downloaded and tonights read, thanks for that.

I actualy came across an accusafe mini v2 micro wiring guide that explained it, it was tagged as 'boominator micro cartoon' and didnt get picked up with google searches.  I got a TPA2020 2 x 15w from wondom.  I have all the bits for the sp-60 micro version now, just waiting on a circle jig and a 33mm hole saw, so thiknk i'm gona build it anyhow. 

puzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2020 at 4:41pm
How about the router bits for the baffel, any links for R6 round over bits or the 4-4.5mm chamfer bits in 1/4" shank

thanks
Aterren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aterren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2020 at 4:47pm
Most any wood working shop should be able to help there.  Try to get close but if you can't then accept what you can.  I'd have to go look but there was a discussion about the round over and Saturnus specifically recommended against the chamfer I made.  I don't remember the exact details.
Aterren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aterren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2020 at 4:58pm
Also, the 45 chamfer length is driven by how deep you cut so it is easy to change the length of the chamfer.
Gridgway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gridgway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2021 at 3:40pm
I hope it's ok to post this question here.  I have dug out all the components I assembled for my Boominator mini build.  This includes a cAMP from Canopy Sounds in Denmark.  I have no instructions for the amp and the connectors are not marked.  The Canopy Sounds website is defunct sadly.  Does anyone have a schematic for the connectors at all by any chance?  Cheers!
Aterren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aterren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2021 at 6:17pm
Gridgway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gridgway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2021 at 6:24pm
Fabulous.  Not sure why I couldn't find that.  Much appreciated, thanks!
Aterren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aterren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2021 at 12:11am
Any time.

Also, if anyone else is looking to build a mini and is looking for parts just let me know.  I'm trying to clean house a bit and have NS6 drivers and a built up main cabinet.  I posted some photos under the boominator thread on the DIY Audio site.
Gridgway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gridgway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2022 at 5:48pm
Well. I'm still not much further on, although I did get the amp to work!

I'm looking to start the woodwork now, but would be interested if anyone has or knows of the location of any construction pictures.  I am particularly interested in where the wiring goes and how the central compartment is made to have access to it.  In a picture I have with dimensions, showing an overall external width of 450mm, the central compartment is only 26mm wide (=450 - 200x2 - 6x4) which seems awfully narrow for the electronics and battery.

Also I assume there is some form of entrance into the central compartment with a cover to access the electronics.

Cheers
Graham
uzip498 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzip498 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2022 at 12:14pm
Hi, If anyone's interested in purchasing all the parts to make the original boominator mini - Aura NS6 version please let me know.  Step by step construction manual included. All parts are brand new and have never been used. 

Parts: 
4x Aura NS6 woofers
4x Dayton tweeters
2x high quality crossover components
1x Accusafe Maxamp20 amplifier - specifically designed for the boominator mini
1x Sure Wondom - 11.1v 3S battery cell holder with built in charge and protection circuitry etc. Batteries not included.
1x smart battery charger
Penn Elcom brand: 1x recessed dish, 2x side handles & 4 X corner protectors
Free parts- 10k volume control pot with knob, on/off switches, aux input jack, charging input jack & USB phone/accessory charger

Selling as a complete package. Shipping not included. Not looking to make a profit I just want to get back some of the money I've invested in purchasing the parts. Reasonable offers only. Cheers

Location- Australia

Edited by uzip498 - 11 March 2022 at 1:01pm
Gridgway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gridgway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2022 at 10:30pm
Hi I'm interested.  Can't see a price also there's shipping to the UK where I am.

If that works, first dibs!

Cheers
Graham
caliban1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliban1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2022 at 12:05pm
Hi uzip.  I'm interested in your parts if you still have them and I'm in Australia. I'd PM but I don't have access yet.

Thanks.

Originally posted by uzip498 uzip498 wrote:

Hi, If anyone's interested in purchasing all the parts to make the original boominator mini - Aura NS6 version please let me know.  Step by step construction manual included. All parts are brand new and have never been used. 

Parts: 
4x Aura NS6 woofers
4x Dayton tweeters
2x high quality crossover components
1x Accusafe Maxamp20 amplifier - specifically designed for the boominator mini
1x Sure Wondom - 11.1v 3S battery cell holder with built in charge and protection circuitry etc. Batteries not included.
1x smart battery charger
Penn Elcom brand: 1x recessed dish, 2x side handles & 4 X corner protectors
Free parts- 10k volume control pot with knob, on/off switches, aux input jack, charging input jack & USB phone/accessory charger

Selling as a complete package. Shipping not included. Not looking to make a profit I just want to get back some of the money I've invested in purchasing the parts. Reasonable offers only. Cheers

Location- Australia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 100101102