Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Barracuda Pre Amp Man

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CETUS A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2013 at 6:10pm
Nice work Cassiya Clap
cassiya View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cassiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2013 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by CETUS A CETUS A wrote:

Nice work Cassiya Clap

Thank you my friend,,,
These are the spectrum analyser lights that the crowd will see...@ the back of the flight case..

Just because you got more boxes that don't make you a man....
Mrenglish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrenglish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2013 at 3:46pm

CHECK THIS OUT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BARRACUDA-JAH-TUBBYS-PRE-AMPLIFIER-/321170520682?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Amplifiers&hash=item4ac7413a6a
championdrei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote championdrei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2017 at 9:25am
Anyone think barracuda or someone would take me on as an apprentice and show me how To build preamps? Im young in a generation where these things.are not appreciated anymore and its hard To obtain the knowledge nowadays because its not like how it was... Its like No one is interested in sound building and ting again.

respect
King Simeon View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Simeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2017 at 10:09am
The traditional side is certainly being forgotten and even re-written. Sadly a bit of 'how it goes' in life. 

It is hard work doing it more DIY and a lot of people don't want to spend too much time thinking, they just want something to run with and nowadays they can get on with it through the commercial companies/P.A. equipment. Even then, they could think a little more about it, but only some do, so in a way at least this keeps it interesting. 

I know that there are some more modern builders out there and some that combine newer technologies into their pre amps, so not a totally dyeing craft. Many of the originators learnt by studying and adapting what they had at the time, so that could be the most traditional way of doing it, and maybe making a contact to someone more as a mentor. 

I know of a builder who did have an apprentice of sorts, not sure they would do this again. France is also a place with a number of builders now, seeming to keep with traditions. Best to see who's still out there doing what you think is traditional enough. 
https://www.facebook.com/KingSimeonSound?ref=stream     
https://soundcloud.com/king-simeon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123