Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Downgrade" system

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 12:13am
competition is hotting up.
Nitz V1505 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitz V1505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 12:54pm
Chat to Tony trust me. You will hear all sorts but nobody does scoops like A.S.S. Many have tried,some come close,but build wise u cant touch the Boss. And just to add since Tony put some build pictures of the DC nuff man come out weeks later claiming they had a new all singing & dancing scoops on the firm. Nuff scoops just look like Tonys but they dont sound like them.
LET THE BASS ROLL LIKE THUNDER
& THE TOPS LIKE LIGHTNING.....
cardiffdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardiffdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Nitz V1505 Nitz V1505 wrote:

Chat to Tony trust me. You will hear all sorts but nobody does scoops like A.S.S. Many have tried,some come close,but build wise u cant touch the Boss. And just to add since Tony put some build pictures of the DC nuff man come out weeks later claiming they had a new all singing & dancing scoops on the firm. Nuff scoops just look like Tonys but they dont sound like them.
turbo7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 1:15pm
I know that Smile i did not see a more beautiful scoop, yet. Still, i need to sell my 18s drivers and see what i get for them.... then i have to let the budget decide, too. Its a pity because i would even pay more to every good scoop builder than they charge... the prices are too low in general if you compare....

I do also have 4x Stasys 5 mk1 for sale if someone is interested. As soon as i come to the storage i will put up pics ( Mods: is ebay link required ?! It is very expensive !! Maybe a free platform wil also ? do )
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 1:19pm
Tony has been saying for years, his scoops are based on scaled up JBL 15, but built properly.

So those who know about scoops, wouldn't need to see his deep chamber build pics to design a good scoop. Wink

Sounds are using scoops out there, that are nothing like JBL internals, and tearing up venues for years.

Edited by levyte357- - 31 January 2013 at 1:27pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
turbo7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 1:30pm
levyte, did you get my pm ?

Scoop bin is not a trivial design in my eyes... i have heard big differences, although the wavelenghts in the used frequency band are much to long that it would make any difference when it comes to folding etc..its not like a 12"/1" coax horn where you have to be careful if the 1" is too large to sit in the way and look for the best crossover point.

That it is not trivial, does not mean it does not follow fundamental horn theory, but to get the sound right with specified driver ... i have no patience and no time to try and in the end maybe never reach the goal.

I have no time for experimenting any longer so i need the "best" scoop for my needs out there LOL.

I have seen Ligwa Eartshaker which does also look good to me.

What about Ligwa Eco scoop, which is only 55kg ?! Does that mean its built from 15mm ply ? The price is 499 for a LOADED scoop ? Thats insane. The man must be pure passionTongue Still, i prefer the heavyweight ones.

Does anybody know the builder called matt abyssinian, i have contact for him from a long time friend Jahfree, he built the incredible Jah tubbys scoops !! Awesome awesome scoops, but still i dont like turbomax drivers. Anyone here who got scoops from him, too ?! JTS has shocked me a few years ago with this combo tho, it was totally insane B-line in large hall and still sounding quite nice... the only B-line which got my hogs in output yet ( well, its always subjective )

Copy this or that, you just can not design a fully new scoop because everytime you try that you end up with a design very similar to one of the other 100 designs. I am sure when i go and knockout a plan wheter it is done with software or just by eye and hand there will be a design very similar to the one i "designed" and its a copy. Thats my opinion... so i would blame noone for copying anything ?!

I need a trusted design, i need the final answear as i do not want to change bassbins anymore !

Edited by turbo7 - 31 January 2013 at 1:54pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by turbo7 turbo7 wrote:

levyte, did you get my pm ?

Yep, just responded. Embarrassed
Nitz V1505 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitz V1505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 1:38pm
True that Lev. But for the rest of us,me included,if you want dreadnaught build quality and thunder you cant go wrong with Tonys scoops. I see A.S.S. scoops which are 20years old go for good money so make a great investment. They were S118's though!!!!
LET THE BASS ROLL LIKE THUNDER
& THE TOPS LIKE LIGHTNING.....
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Nitz V1505 Nitz V1505 wrote:

True that Lev. But for the rest of us,me included,if you want dreadnaught build quality and thunder you cant go wrong with Tonys scoops. I see A.S.S. scoops which are 20years old go for good money so make a great investment. They were S118's though!!!!

Yes, for me, S118 is  the reference scoop.Clap
SteveB/Wattco are the next closest guys.

You won't build a scoop to beat those, by copying them, something new is needed.LOL

So my scoop "designed" to compete with the best. We'll soon see in public, how close it comes.

Edited by levyte357- - 31 January 2013 at 1:51pm
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 2:21pm

thread title should be changed to - "UPGRADE system" Smile

Edited by luton_soundman - 01 February 2013 at 1:06pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123