Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

advice needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dashaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: advice needed
    Posted: 31 January 2013 at 8:43pm
i did a gig a few weeks back with a bit of my set 2 dont laugh intimidation 215 bitch ply 800w rms running of a kam 2000w amp with 2 sub 18s b&c loaded 800 w powered of a omitronic b3600 amp 1.8k pc
i had a problem with the tops a large wacking sound when the bass kicks im but only on 1 speaker but my main grip was the lack of bass when i walked away from the stack (which was 1 mono) say 10mtrs the bass was weak Confused ive seen and heard smaller riggs with less than what i had shell down a venue with less any advice into why?
kingkwak View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingkwak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 9:13pm
From the sounds of it, its all down to the angle of the dangle (or bins in this case).
Were the bins together or on each side of you? If each side were they facing straight out (parallel to each other) or pointing in a bit. If they were parallel to each other, then the distance apart can make a difference.
I went out with one of the guys that covers for me from time to time, we were asked to be there for 6, but the party didnt start until 7.30 so it gave me chance to demonstrate how difference in the bins position can change the sound dramatically. Playing like this is a good chance to show how to tune your sound to the event/room that your doing.
To much power? NEVER.
GEB View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 11:05pm
http://billfitzmaurice.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=398
 Post Reply Post Reply