Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Should i have wadding in my hd15's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcourtneyvincent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should i have wadding in my hd15's
    Posted: 12 February 2013 at 1:55pm
Like the titles says, what material should i use if so and how much.
Thanks
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 8:01pm
  I haven't got any in mine and I'm happy enough with how they sound, I can't actually see wadding making much difference in a HD anyway with the size/shape of the rear chamber how it is.
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 8:05pm
I used dense foam (the egg box sort of dimpled stuff) in the rear chamber, and found it removed a lot of the higher frequency box resonances (is how I would describe the noise anyway!).

Easiest thing is to get some wadding and lay it round the inside of one cab, and A/B with one without the wadding. If you like it, staple the wadding in place and do the rest of the boxes.
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
hulkeh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2013 at 2:52pm
That what i used in mine Norty and im happy with the results :)

nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2013 at 1:01am
i have ab'd them before i put some in mine and i feel it gives a better sound...
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
tcourtneyvincent View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcourtneyvincent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2013 at 8:40pm
I ended up stapling in roughly .75cm deep carpet into mine and they sound much better to my ears, defo a little drop in spl but well worth the warmer thud.
tamuks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamuks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2013 at 11:33am
nearly all closed enclosures must be warded for  them to give good sqSmile
K.A.S.S the art of digital sound entertainment
 Post Reply Post Reply