Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stacking 4 scoops in a small club

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gumilap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stacking 4 scoops in a small club
    Posted: 14 March 2013 at 12:49am
Was wondering about how to stack 4 18" superscooper in this small venue where we have a gig tomorrow, this is how we put it today, 2 scoops in the mid standing, 2 on their side - the reflex bassbins are the club's bins we're not using them but they are built in and cant remove them unfortunately, that takes out a lot of space ..
The dj is in the middle behind the stack, I mean its a really small venue we wont be able to get the most out of the system but it is this a good way to put the scoops? Or should the mouth of the two on the sides be switched?
also I know its not the right topic for this but we just built these hd215s,I looked at many topics but  cant find whats the horn length of the hd215s anywhere, can someone help me with that? How much delay do I need to match the scoops?
Thanks very much!

ps the left standing scoop has its driver removed and the grill attached with tape only thats why it looks odd:)

spreading bass culture in budapest
------------------------------
www.dubphase.com
mans1000 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mans1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2013 at 10:42am
All together on their sides making one big mouth. Or all in a row standing upright, ok just re-read the post. 2 upright scoops each side, HD's on top?

Edited by mans1000 - 14 March 2013 at 10:47am
"The earth provides enough to satisfy every mans needs...but not every mans greed."
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2013 at 11:14am
but he can't move the double 18s...

as you have it is probably the best you can do. doesn't look like you'll be lacking in sound in there!

presume there will be some kind of mid highs on there..
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2013 at 11:49am
in all honesty, you have far too much rig in that venue anyways, i don't think moving stuff around a few inch's will make any difference to this.

Hope you have some more midtop than the tiny flown install things Ouch
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
gumilap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gumilap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2013 at 2:35pm
yeah we have f1 res2 on top of them, just couldnt get it in there last night...
Was just wondering if it caused any harm to have the 2 on their sides and if their mouths were in the right direction.
what about the hd's horn length? Can you tell me that please?

spreading bass culture in budapest
------------------------------
www.dubphase.com
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2013 at 3:09pm
HD15 driver sims:

and many many topics, go digging:

http://forum.speakerplans.com/hd15-time-alignment_topic545.html

http://forum.speakerplans.com/hd15-exact-horn-sound-path-length-anyone_topic11921_page2.html

http://forum.speakerplans.com/hd15-exact-horn-sound-path-length-anyone_topic11921.html

http://forum.speakerplans.com/hd15-time-alignment_topic545.html

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
 Post Reply Post Reply