Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fane SB 18"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geronimo91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fane SB 18"
    Posted: 15 March 2013 at 8:41am
why is there virtually no info on FANE SBs? and what kind of boxes they like? do they like scoops?
Apache Hi Fi
soundchippy View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundchippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2013 at 10:32am
i had a few a one point. used them in reflex cabs and they did the business. a friend uses them as a replacement driver in f118's. my original intention was to use them in marc o's big tapped horn (which they simmed identical to his spec'd driver). i've no doubt they would be fine in scoops, in fact the person i purchased them from had them in hogs!

http://www.fane-acoustics.com/downloads/FANE_Colossus_18SB_Specs.pdf
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2013 at 10:51am
I had 3 of them in some hogs for about a day before I put PD1850's in their to match my other 3 hogs. Sold them on here to someone for some Tapped horns and by all accounts they turned out pretty good. Sounded nice in the hog but I only ran them once to see if they worked, definitely didn't push them, as I already had the pd's ready to load into the boxes as soon as I dropped the fanes out.
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
geronimo91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geronimo91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2013 at 3:34pm
ok cool i think ill go for it then, its my first time ever buying 4 drivers new so hope it works, was thinking of prime xs but reading through here seems like they suit reflex better. not looking my mega spl but more low down notes if that makes sense. also they are more sensitive than xbs and the fane graph shows them playing lower.
Apache Hi Fi
rish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2013 at 7:25am
if you comparing them to the prime xs and looking to use them in scoops, them the primes are the way to go. much better driver.
PauliePaul View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PauliePaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2013 at 9:17am
Originally posted by rish rish wrote:

if you comparing them to the prime xs and looking to use them in scoops, them the primes are the way to go. much better driver.

Three words... no, no and no! Primes are for, or perform best in, ported enclosures.
 Post Reply Post Reply