Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD215 Build

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K M Sound System Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD215 Build
    Posted: 17 March 2013 at 11:08am
Here's a HD215 build im doing for a friend, will be doing him some mt121's to go with them and then a pair of Super Scoops after the tops are finished.

*In the earlier pictures, i noticed i put the t-nuts on the wrong side of the baffle Embarrassed
This was corrected before i started assembly.

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/716/38164010151315970611142.jpg/][IMG=http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/2176/38164010151315970611142.jpg][/IMG][/URL]

Had to stop at this point as it was snowing every other day, and for weeks it was just too cold to work out in the garage.

Finally got back on it this week after alot of things stopping me from working in the garage!

It is also in the next picture i noticed i had put the t-nuts on the wrong side of the baffle :P

I corrected this, then started assembly of one of the 2 cabinets.

Will be getting the rest done on this one exept filling and sanding next week.
Will be getting the second one to the same stage before i do filling and sanding.

Dub
Dub-Sidious of Kollective Mindz
Audio_AL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audio_AL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2013 at 4:55pm
Looking good. What type of wood is that?
Make it loud!
Creative View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Creative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2013 at 5:19pm
Looks like marine ply to me. Horribly heavy!
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana!
K M Sound System View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K M Sound System Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2013 at 5:48pm
I will ask at the wood yard, i know the batch before this one was far eastern. This stuff doesnt seem any heavier than other ply i've had from there :)

Dub-Sidious of Kollective Mindz
 Post Reply Post Reply