Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Super Build Pics..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2006 at 9:26am
Originally posted by jethrocker jethrocker wrote:

The triangular section on the scooper creates the throat, gives a slight compression chamber effect. I'm convinced this is part of the reason supers are som much more defined sounding than certain other scoops.

do you think adding this triangular section to Fane/Eminence design scoops will be an improvement?

i'm tempted to put it in one scoop and compare it to the one without.
jethrocker View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jethrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2006 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Static Age Static Age wrote:

do you think adding this triangular section to Fane/Eminence design scoops will be an improvement?

i'm tempted to put it in one scoop and compare it to the one without.

Could be worth a try. Best thing would be to work out the ideal throat area for your driver using the required formula, you'll need to know the VAS, QTS, and FS of the cone I think. Then add your section to bring the throat to this size. Your problem will be if the driver actually wants a throat the same or larger in size than the gap you already have to work with. Other problem, the relationship between throat and mouth would be changed. More playing with numbers could tell you what effect this should have I suppose-maybe higher cut off, or something.
I think both emeinence and fane designs are very approximated horns anyway, so probably just worth giving it a try, listening might make more sense than numbers!

If you do experiment, let us know the outcome..
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2006 at 12:08pm
Jethrocker, when you playing out with your system again in a fairly large venue ?

Seems like this is the only way I'm gonna hear Super Scoopers loaded with PD1850s.
jethrocker View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jethrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2006 at 2:21pm
Teksasis, I'm out of the UK personally at the moment..not back till april. Not sure when the sounds playing next, we're kind of holding back on bigger sessions till we get a few things sorted. Keep an eye on the myspace page for session details. We have a few dances coming up in the next year though..
Sure we're not the only sound running supers with 1850s, though i think we were one of the first;)
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2006 at 2:40pm

Cheers for the update Jethrocker.

Sound guys, which ones of you out there use super scoopers loaded with PD1850s ?

I know Fable Sound System use super scoopers loaded with PD186s.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12