Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X10, X12, X15 and XM15
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X12 or??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crystal.a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X12 or??
    Posted: 03 April 2013 at 5:42pm
need some advice looking for a budget reflex loaded mid tops was thinking about X12 style loaded with

eminence delta 12 16 ohm

eminence H2 EA 2" horn

P.audio SD63BF-2 2" C.D

or possibly going with a pair of JBL JRX 125 or similar it is to be used over 4-6 reflex loaded 15" subs and possibly 2 15" and 2 half G subs want to build up 1 stack then another to match over time all cabs must be singles except the tops as i'll mostly be moving it around on my own. 
hell is just a word, the reality is much much worse!
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2013 at 6:16pm
the eminence delta 12's will do you fine, quite loud and don't sound that bad considering the pricetag - will outperform the JBL thats for sure... for compression driver however i would look for something higher quality and possibly used to bring the price tag down... something 1.4" will do you, 2" is a bit harsh and not necessary when crossing to a 12" mid section [old fashioned by all accounts nowadays].

i like the RCF N850, often selling on the cheap on ebay!

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
crystal.a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crystal.a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2013 at 1:17pm
thanks mate that exactly what i wanted to hear just had a look for the RCF you mentioned can only seem to find it in 2"?

hell is just a word, the reality is much much worse!
CritikalMass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CritikalMass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2013 at 2:03pm
Same here
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2013 at 2:17pm
BMS 4550 on Faital LTH102 horn, no problem keeping up with any double 12 crossing around 1K

Tony
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
 Post Reply Post Reply