Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VIVEK's: System:Sound- anyone familiar?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Msnell83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2018 at 4:39pm
just seen this on here, so are they using g subs as kick bins in this instance? 
Marvin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2018 at 3:39am
yes there are in this instance.
particle-jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote particle-jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2018 at 5:06pm
This is a great rig, the dances are always a big vibe and the sound packs serious weight, Viv's System nights have me inspired to build a sound of my own (I just haven't actually got round to building boxes yet, still very much in the research stages)

Heart

www.soundcloud.com/particle
Msnell83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Msnell83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2018 at 7:26am
cool cheers Marvin! Yes Jim, the mad thing is I’ve just seen a flier for system at the electric in November and it says powered by Sinai sound, which are a Brighton mob if I’m not mistaken. So I’m wondering if the “system” is still knocking around or if Vivek has got rid. Good luck with building a sound, if you really love vivek’s rig all the boxes system use are from plans available on the forum I’m pretty sure.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2018 at 7:36am
Sinai is Sheffield based
Msnell83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Msnell83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2018 at 8:11am
ahh ok. Seen them advertised in Brighton a lot recently so that’s probably where I’ve got that from. Good sound
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2018 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Msnell83 Msnell83 wrote:

cool cheers Marvin! Yes Jim, the mad thing is I’ve just seen a flier for system at the electric in November and it says powered by Sinai sound, which are a Brighton mob if I’m not mistaken. So I’m wondering if the “system” is still knocking around or if Vivek has got rid. Good luck with building a sound, if you really love vivek’s rig all the boxes system use are from plans available on the forum I’m pretty sure.

Vivek is currently going through some changes / tweaks / upgrades with his own rig but Electric is a large venue.

It will have noise limits at that show though. Not sure why they advertise it doesn’t. The venue has a mic based noise measurement system, I bloody sold it to them.
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2018 at 3:21pm
The last one Huw did was a bit of a farce apparently, the sound level limit he had to work to was far too low - I can't see the promoter wanting to use the same venue again, unless something has been done about that? (Long extension into the kitchen to bypass the limiter, just like we used to do at the community centre? LOL)
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12