Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scoop design?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scoop design?
    Posted: 17 December 2006 at 10:31am
Hi,
I´m new to this board and got a question,
I´ve got 4 Jah Tubbys scoops and I´m about to build two more. I think I´m going for the super scoop design but I´m not sure how they play with the ones I got.
Will it sound good or should I go for another design?

specialjustin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specialjustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 11:37am
In the interest of coherence in your sound system i would build more of what you already have. I often see dub systems that have close on 15 different disigns of boxes in one stack. For a given freq range use the same drivers in the same boxes, this will make life so much easier.
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Karl Karl wrote:

Hi,
I´ve got 4 Jah Tubbys scoops and I´m about to build two more. I think I´m going for the super scoop design but I´m not sure how they play with the ones I got.

Jah Tubbys 15's or 18's scoops? And what are they loaded with?

You should go with the same design and same drivers.

Karl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 3:19pm
18's with PD 186
hikk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hikk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 3:41pm

Hi,

Nice ! Hey if you decide to go for two more of the same JTS scoops perhaps you would be so kind as to share the plans with us? Doyou have the plans? Maybe you would have to open up your cabs?
Anyhow please share make the world a better place ..
respect more time andy
Karl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 4:20pm
Hmmmm... I´m gonna start building next week. Maybe I should go for the JTS then. . I like the sound of the superscoop a bit better and my plan was to change them all into supers. Still I have to use both constructions for a couple of months and if it sounds crappy maybe it´s better to stay with the JTS design.
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 5:46pm

Hmmmm... I´m gonna start building next week. Maybe I should go for the JTS then. . I like the sound of the superscoop a bit better and my plan was to change them all into supers. Still I have to use both constructions for a couple of months and if it sounds crappy maybe it´s better to stay with the JTS design.

Go for the JTS design as your others are built by JTS.

I wonder who made the JTS scoops? Jah Tubbys themself? Or Shortman even? as theres something familiar there as the JTS scoop looks like a Shortman scoop.

Post Reply Post Reply