Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

a badge of honour

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chilli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a badge of honour
    Posted: 18 December 2006 at 10:11am
i did a rig for a party on friday, it was around 9k, in a quite large narrow room, the venue was having an acoustic survey done, so there were two people running around all night with a calibrated spl meter, i bumped into them as they came out of the main room (6 x wsx and 4 x w8c) they had a look of shock on their faces.
*first acoustician* "wow, thats really loud in there"
*me* "really? isn't that the idea?"
*first acoustician* "thats hearing damage loud"
*me* "why do you think i'm not in there?well, what can you do?, thats how they like it"
*first acoustician* "does it have to be so loud for the club experience"
*me* "well, i suppose it could go down a bit, but its not really even turned up, no ones complaining though, i've certainly heard louder"
*first acoustician* "how much power is that?"
*me* "umm...the subs are getting about 850w each, what did your meter readings say"
*first acoustician* "average room volume just standing in there, not near the stacks is 120db@63hz"
*me* "really?"
*first acoustician* "the low end extension is quite amazing, its extremely bassy"
*me* "folded horns"

lol

tbh, it wasnt ever really turned up, it was the first time i'd set up with the avc2 and i'd guestimated the level at some point below amp clipping, bit it was certainly nowhere near as loud as i've run it in the past.

i was pretty pleased with it though, loadsa bass, although the music wasn't really to my taste, i stayed out of the room for as much as i could only going back on occasion to take a loo at the rack, once or twice i had one or 2 leds on the avc2 lit, but generally it was just below threshold.

gingerbiscuit69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerbiscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2006 at 12:41pm
excellent!
rezsbc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rezsbc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2007 at 3:44pm
yes sounds like a nice experience to have alright!!
Strange Daze View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strange Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2007 at 8:53am
120Db average...
Not Bad Chilli.....

I had a similar experience once, and ended up buying an SPL meter afterwards....Well worth it for the occassional clarification ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply