Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X15,HD15,BP6 rig piccies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X15,HD15,BP6 rig piccies
    Posted: 24 October 2004 at 1:38pm

Just got round to taking some pics of the rig as it stands. Still need to decide what drivers I'm going to put in the HD15's and whether the sub will be able to keep up with it all.  I'm swaying towards another one anyway so i can put one under each stack.  Only testing will tell i suppose.

Full length grilles (on their way) should finish it off properly too. The edging will probably come off the HD15's and rounded to match other cabs

My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
tb_mike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2004 at 5:19am

hi norty-very nice! but abit dark

I couldnt see it properly so i turned the brightness up on the pics- i can email them back to you if your keen.

It would be cool to have a whole gallery of speakers on this site

freddyi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2004 at 2:44am
hey Norty - your stack looks 1st class- lightened image also, and compressed to 34K - fun to see the bandpass woofers & scoop curves

is there textered paint on these cabs?
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2004 at 9:07am
Yes, the HD15's will be repainted in the same textured finish when the edging comes off of them for their overhaul. should make it look better as a whole unit. Grilles should be here in a couple of days so i'll add some more pics when they're properly finished, should look great
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2004 at 10:59am

norty303,

If it was me, I would have another one of those subs.

Best Regards,

Elliot Thompson
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2004 at 5:39pm

Quote If it was me, I would have another one of those subs

The rig was originally built to be the 2 X15's and the single sub as this was the maximum size i could get in the car and it sounds very nice like that.  However with these things, you can never have enough and so when Dom mentioned that he was getting rid of some HD15's i thought 'yeah'.

I'm thinking that it may be a bit light on the sub end now and have been thinking of a second sub, but money is becoming an issue and i've yet to get the drivers and amp for the HD15's.

Currently i'm running 2.4k sub, either 2.4k or 3.2k (depending on amp i get) on HD15's and 1k on X15's.  I want to hear it all properly before i decide that I absolutely 'must' have another 2.4k of sub (tho i can already say it would be nice )

norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2004 at 5:46pm
Oh, and i've lightened the images so you can now see why Dom's night is called 'Pure Filth'   Took 3 hours to wash them down, looking like new now tho
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2004 at 6:48pm

You sound like, what I used to do. Get boxes unloaded, and, store them until I could afford speakers.

Just remember sub bass, always require more than bass. So, you will have to add more sub bass boxes, if you want it to sound balanced.

Keep going the dual driver sub bass route, It will help increase the efficency.

Best Regards,

Elliot Thompson
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2004 at 7:06pm

Quote Keep going the dual driver sub bass route, It will help increase the efficency.

And you can see just how small it is in comparison to the HD15's now..

tb_mike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2004 at 8:03am
How low does the MT2(?) clone go ? Void18"s
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2004 at 8:30am
Originally posted by norty303 norty303 wrote:

Quote Keep going the dual driver sub bass route, It will help increase the efficency.

And you can see just how small it is in comparison to the HD15's now..

Thats the thing about Sub Bass cabinets. The size will always be big to get the required SPL to match Bass cabinet SPL's. The size can become very large if you love sub bass............... like myself.

Best Regards,

Elliot Thompson
Pinheiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinheiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2004 at 9:40am

Hi TB_MIkE

I have 8 Betamax 2x18"(SSE Clones off EV Delta max) whiad DAS G45

speakers and the responce is the same if is whiad the EV speakers

the nšs are +-3db 36hz to 120hz and lower than 36 and more than 125hz the responce fall like a anvil on a tom & jerry cartoom!!!!!

yours hope it helps Vitor Pinheiro

Post Reply Post Reply