Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

new sub horn based on another design

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2016 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Mark James Mark James wrote:

Just getting 404 file not found lol so no idea

That is strange, works here!
Anyway: Any plan? :-)
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2016 at 11:35am
Not to hand IL see if I can find them when I get home
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2016 at 11:43am
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2016 at 1:10pm
This might be a cleaner link if the above doesn't behave in some browsers (clickable for fullsize):
junoprobelaunch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2018 at 11:20pm
So did anyone actually end up building / testing this? Going to build a couple prototypes of them with a few modifications to fit my personal needs soon enough and if they fare well then maybe some more but thought I'd check in with this thread beforehand incase anyone can give me some pointers
dj-mip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj-mip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2018 at 3:47pm
we had no problems testing it with a v18 1000 but that said now I understand how a driver works I would modify the baffle as I set it to have enough room for xmax + 1mm so 11.5mm but speakers do travel past xmax and also concerned the it could tear the driver up. I'm considering building 4 v18 loaded not that soon tho but got to speak to mark see if ideas about baffle are a winner. I'm going to just make up the envelope bit soon tho just so I can test it see how driver takes it will post when done that ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2018 at 6:12pm
Awesome! The V18 is going to be my driver of choice aswell so any modification to prevent it being damaged is a good thing haha. Look forward to seein your results and what Mark has to say about the baffle :)
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2018 at 10:58pm
we still have the prototype that mip built not looked at it in months but we still have it il re read the question before i answer regarding the baffle but all i can say is initial testing went realy well lolLOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2018 at 11:56pm
that's good to hear mate! Although I sense 'really well' may be an understatement hahahaha. Gonna be building some of these pretty soon and have to say they look damn good
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2018 at 9:12am
we used that empty space next to the horn throat as added rear chamber might actualy be an idea to make the chamber smaller though tbh i need to get horn response out or just stop worrying as its a couple of litres and probably makes no difference LOL! start to get a bit weird above about 90hz though
Keen View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2018 at 7:57am
yeah wouldn't make any diff
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234