Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Subs To Go under Scoops - Any Suggestions ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specialjustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2006 at 8:12am
"you wouldnt hear 30 anyway  you would feel it"

I can hear it, granted i can feel it it more but i can still hear it without problems.
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2006 at 8:41am
what he is talking about in that garage is the upper bass  frequency's
things like garage door's and corregated roofing all have there own frequency at what they vibrate at, and that would be allot higher than 30hz

30hz in that garage there  probably wouldnt be much vibrating apart from his innerd's

if your m8 does get a fg then he should try this, wire a amp to the fr then slowly sweep from say 100 down then you will see different things rattling at different frequency's ie garage doors corregated roofing etc etc
let us know if he doe's would be interesting to hear what those frequency's are?

let me try to explain to you toxic what a true 40hz's feel's like Toxic (tom)

if you could imagine your arse cheek's are made from steel  and your boot/shoe's are high powered magnet's

ps: sorry if i come across cocky/ arrogant i dont meen any harm by it, it's just the way i write 

Edited by mykey - 30 December 2006 at 8:47am
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2006 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

let me try to explain to you toxic what a true 40hz's feel's like Toxic (tom)

if you could imagine your arse cheek's are made from steel  and your boot/shoe's are high powered magnet's

ps: sorry if i come across cocky/ arrogant i dont meen any harm by it, it's just the way i write 

Sounds OK Mykey, you got to get your point across some how.
gingerbiscuit69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerbiscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 9:53am
agreed, the college i did my A levels in had a sub that went down to 24hz, one of the lab techs made it. now that is scary, a deepness id never heard before and havnt since.

as your a badboy toxic, i doubt uve ever been to church, but hearing the big tube organs going down low is extreme. one in a UK cathedral (cant remember where) goes down to 15hz with a super massive long tube. i was young when i last visited so cannot remember!

by ear i believe my 186 horns play lower singularily than PD186 loaded behringer B1800X's, but i know from models and response graphs that they really dont, its just the massive efficiency of the horns on the 50hz+.

im still yet to hear a superscoop ect.. but will try to get down to nottinghill next year and hear stuff for myself as this whole badboy dub reggae thing really amuses me to read and id like to actually see/hear/feel what all the hype is about! maybe we could even meet up and u can give me a grand tour?
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 10:23am
Originally posted by gingerbiscuit69 gingerbiscuit69 wrote:

agreed, the college i did my A levels in had a sub that went down to 24hz, one of the lab techs made it. now that is scary, a deepness id never heard before and havnt since.

as your a badboy toxic, i doubt uve ever been to church, but hearing the big tube organs going down low is extreme. one in a UK cathedral (cant remember where) goes down to 15hz with a super massive long tube. i was young when i last visited so cannot remember!

im still yet to hear a superscoop ect.. but will try to get down to nottinghill next year and hear stuff for myself as this whole badboy dub reggae thing really amuses me to read and id like to actually see/hear/feel what all the hype is about! maybe we could even meet up and u can give me a grand tour?

I like the explanation about the low freqs in the church Ginger, it's very true about how deep it is.

I wonder how many people on here has ever been to church.

How far away from Sth London are you ? As Notting Hill carnival is 8 months away, & if you aren't too far you could always pop along to the recreation centre in Brixton.

I met up there with Toxic & Shortman there at the last dance from the start, so we could see everything, & hear each stack individually. A few other members were there but I don't know them by name.

gingerbiscuit69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerbiscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 10:47am
i live in somerset near Bath, but have a friend at kings uni which i can crash at for a while (south london). sounds like a plan indeed!
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 10:55am
Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

you all keep going on about ASS scoops and how good they are if thats a fact why are people selling them

looking at Rog's superscooper drawing tell's me this would be a far better option

As you know Mikey, the main attraction of scoops is high efficiency at small freq range, for roots, dancehall, some RNB/Hip Hop, some DNB, especially indoors.

Some scoops do this better than others.. I personally will only use scoops for medium to fairly large halls. Rog himself has said Super scooper is optimised more for output than depth. I wish they were the most lowest playing efficient scoop out there, life would be much simpler.

For outside, my planned system would be 2 stacks of 6 looney/WSXtras,  4 HD15's per stack, and 2x High efficiency MT122 stylee+bullets per stack. Not as loud as 12 scoops, but definetly flat down to about 38hz, and enough for 1000 people.
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
godathunder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godathunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2007 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by gingerbiscuit69 gingerbiscuit69 wrote:

I think its the 1960s cathedral in liverpool that has 64ft pipes that play down to 8hz iirc. certainly makes you feel like god is in the house

the brain is very good at filling in non existant fundamentals from higher harmonics so if theres 30hz in the source material your brain will extrapolate the unreproduced 30hz from the harmonics that are reproduced
LOUDER THAN LOUD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123