Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12V 400 watt RMS speaker System

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alec_Hood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12V 400 watt RMS speaker System
    Posted: 28 June 2013 at 2:56pm
Hey everyone, New to these forums but I need some help.

I am currently building the box for it, that is 1 meter wide, 400mm deep and 400mm high.

I have bought a Fusion 1000 watt 12" Subwoofer
2 X 240 watt 6" Fusion component speakers
AMD 800 watt amplifier

I am wondering if anyone can help me out with the wiring a bit, like what gauge wire to use for the subwoofer to the amp, and amp to the power.

Also, I really want to power it off 240v AC house power.
I bought a 1000 watt inverter, but I am fairly sure it can only convert 12v DC to 240v AC, not the other way around?

Plus, What type of battery should I buy to power it at Max Wattage, and for a decent amount of time?

Edd Jordan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edd Jordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2013 at 3:29pm
do you want to run this inside or portable??

Welcome to sp
I do a sideline in ply wood wheels.
Alec_Hood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alec_Hood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2013 at 3:51pm
Both I guess

I want to be able to switch between them both.
Edd Jordan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edd Jordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2013 at 5:00pm
you would need a switching power supply like this to run that amp http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1000W-0-12V-0-80A-Adjustable-Switching-Power-Supply-LED-Charger-UK2-/321151765484?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Test_Measurement_Equipment_ET&hash=item4ac6230bec

or charge a big battery and run the amp off that like 100ah (heavy). 
take a look through some of the other projects on the 12v section they might be able to help you out becauses from my point of view you might want to re think things a bit. 

car subs are realy just that, they work in a cars small space. not very good at reproducing nice bass out side, and have low sensitivity so aren't very efficient (power hungry)    

are these the mid hi speakers?   Fusion Encounter series 6" speaker
and is this the sub  ? Fusion cs sw120 12"
And what amp is it ?   

give us a bit more of a outline of what you want to achieve and im sure people on here can give you some good advice.

I do a sideline in ply wood wheels.
amlu View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2013 at 5:01pm
car audio gear is low efficient and power hungry. no problems in the car - alternator gives plenty of power.
to be running it just from battery you will need some big battery. 80ah or more... depends how loud you want it.

to power it from ac mains you will need a power supply. a big power supply...something like 12V 20A minimum...

in terms of wiring - 2.5mm from amps to speakers, 6mm or bigger, short as possible from battery to the amp.

Alec_Hood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alec_Hood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2013 at 2:13am
Alright thanks for the information, I pretty much just bought all the car equitment  because I wanted a big, good looking, hard hit system.

Yes, they're those speakers and sub.
The amp is a JVC KS-AX3204 amplifier 

SO this Switching power supply will allow me to connect to amp to it like a battery, then use the 240v AC power from my house?

Alright thanks Amlu, I will have a look in the local Auto store, to stop myself from getting confused online haha
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2013 at 3:00am
Edit: Oops :D repeated a point that was already made.

Edited by Hemisphere - 29 June 2013 at 3:01am
 Post Reply Post Reply