Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Backdoor to M$ Outlook - plus others!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiomik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Backdoor to M$ Outlook - plus others!
    Posted: 11 July 2013 at 11:43pm
this article in The Register may well be of interest to users of M$ Outlook:
Backdoor to M$ Outlook for spies!

Now if any Backdoor exists, then you can bet it will also be found and exploited by hackers, never mind uncontrolled snooping by 'Government Agencies'.

what next will Mr Snowden reveal?

Mik

Edited by audiomik - 12 July 2013 at 2:09am
Warning! May contain Nuts
plus springs, washers, screws, etc, etc.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2013 at 12:45am
Originally posted by audiomik audiomik wrote:

this article in The Register may well be of interest to users of M$ Outlook:
Backdoor to M$ Outlook for spies!

Now if any Backdoor exists, then you can bet it will also be found and exploited by hackers, never mind uncontrolled snooping by 'Government Agencies'.

what next will Mr Snowden reveal?

Mik

Conspiracy theorists couldn't write this stuff.. LOL

If someone had written this here, they would have been crucified for weeks.

Did people really think Outlook.com, M$ buying Skype, M$ Giving away Windows Live Mail, SkyDrive, was from a sense of giving something back !? LOL

IT consumers are encouraged to put more information online, and don't consider why huge tech companies are providing all of this free... <facepalm>

Waiting for news Norton Insecurity suite, is actually huge "Crooks In Action" back door. Wink

Edited by levyte357- - 12 July 2013 at 1:08am
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
audiomik View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiomik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2013 at 1:49am
since you mention it, Skype interception is within another article in The Register which indicates that third party access has been there for at least the last five years!
"Project Chess"
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/06/21/skype_project_chess_snooping_report/

Any more for the Conspiracy theorists?

Well, there is no doubt some form of intercept enabled on one or more nodes connecting between my or your PC/Phone/Pad etc and this Forum.....

Mik

Mik
Warning! May contain Nuts
plus springs, washers, screws, etc, etc.
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2013 at 4:15pm
I'm as far from a conspiracy theorist as you can get but I never doubted that there weren't backdoors in free services such as Skype. It comes as no surprise to me at all. To be precise its Outlook chat that has a backdoor, email doesn't require it because of course that's all collected by matter of course anyway!

Thunderbird and proper encryption on the side all the way if that's what you need.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2013 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by odc04r odc04r wrote:

Thunderbird and proper encryption on the side all the way if that's what you need.

This lot, and the huge Windows update downloads clogging my main pc, is really making me consider, switching main desktop to Linux Mint, permanently.

Edited by levyte357- - 12 July 2013 at 4:21pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
 Post Reply Post Reply