Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Void Digidrive V2 vs livedrive+

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote detergent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Void Digidrive V2 vs livedrive+
    Posted: 17 July 2013 at 6:28pm
Hi has anyone used the new void digidrive v2 is it any good ? Don't want to sell are live drive if its no better :) any info wound be much appreciated
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2013 at 12:06am
It's much much better, but it is only 4 in (2 AES only, 2 analogue only) matrixed to 6 out.
Spartan Audio View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spartan Audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2013 at 6:56pm
It's more of a pseudo 3/4 in as you'll only ever use the AES as a stereo input. If you follow.

They are seriously useful pieces of kit though.
http://www.spartanaudio.co.uk
Brother T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brother T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2013 at 11:29pm
Hi Guys,not wanting to hi jack this thread,but i know that a lot of the void users maybe reading it and possibly be able to give me some advice.I have recently purchased some stasys 3 mk2 s and would like some advice on the best LMS to use with them to get the best results.At present i have some old bss 388s and 336s neither of which are suitable to use with the stasys,as they dont allow selection of the filter types and slopes as recommended by void in their recommended settings chart.The 36db LR low pass setting on the 12 inch being a particular problem,as neither of the Bss units will offer this.The closest to this is the 336 which will allow an NTM filter at 36db for the low pass on the 12,but not a LR filter at 36db as recommended by void.So the real issue at the moment is to know what LMS units are Stasys 3 mk 2 users  utilising at present which are giving the best results,96khz ideally,and how important is it to have the low pass set at 36db on the Stasys 3?.I have tried them at 24db and they seem ok,but i imagine there is a reason why void recommend 36db.
Any ideas or advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Brother T
peace and love
detergent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote detergent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2013 at 8:33pm
they sound much louder 36db we have used are ones at 24 and they dont seem to be as good the upper mid is far more efficient than the lower mid section so im told :) if your looking for a crossover we have the one for sale above that will run your tops :) we also have 3 stasys 3 mk2s for sale pm me if intrested
izzzzzz6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote izzzzzz6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2017 at 9:59am
Hi. Recently my DSP (Sabine Navigator 4-8) started to fail. It sends very loud pings to random channels and distorts the sound. I thought it was going to blow my speakers!
  I couldn't see anything wrong with it so i'm having to bite the bullet and buy another DSP. I don't have the £2000 budget to buy a used XTA. Does anyone have an old DSP for sale? Looking for at least 2 analogue inputs and at least 6 outputs. 
  An alternative would be 2x DSP's with 4 outputs each. That way i could use one per channel and if one was to breakdown i could run the other one in mono in an emergency situation.
  I did buy a peavy DSP but i left it in the cupboard for about a year. When i finally needed it to run a second system i found that the display did not work, the LCD was lighting but the contrast wasn't there at all. I had to heat it with a heat gun in order to read the display and to set it up. Then i discovered that it has quite a nasty hum and i couldn't find a solution to that either.
  It has gotten me through a few gigs but i really cant go on using it.

Sound
 Post Reply Post Reply