Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X10, X12, X15 and XM15
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

single 12" mid high cab

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: single 12" mid high cab
    Posted: 20 July 2013 at 8:27am
hi guys.

i need to build 4 single 12 inch mid high cabs for general pa work and also use on poles above single 18 br cabs for small parties etc. which will be a better driver to use between these 2,
fane 12-300   http://www.fane-acoustics.com/prod_details.aspx?pid=203   or the fane sovereign pro 12-300   http://www.fane-acoustics.com/prod_details.aspx?pid=340.  the comps will be the beyma cd10fe.

regards.
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2013 at 8:37am
Looks like the frequency responce of the pro starts rolling of a little higher than the normal 12-300, giving you the option to cross higher to your comps.
I personally never heared the pro version as it's a relatively new driver, but the sovereign 12-300 is a good driver for the money.
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2013 at 10:26am
I see they've finally updated the specs on those - when they first came out the TS parameters were absolutely identical.
Now that they're updated, you can see that the Pro is a little higher in efficiency and will work in a slightly smaller box, so for this application I'd go for the Pro.
Cheers,
David.
 Post Reply Post Reply