Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

subs to ELX115

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mattias Andersson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: subs to ELX115
    Posted: 26 July 2013 at 4:52pm
Hi
I have some of the Ev ELX115 and even a few Active and I want to add some subs.
I have listened to the EV ELX118p but was very disappointed, there's no umph at all. My view is that we need 1.5-2 elx118p to match one elx115p in spl output and even then still missing sub. To activate subboost on ELX118p only show that limiter diode works Shocked
I need a small sub, a one man job Big smile
I have the last few days looking for small enclosures here at SP and at other sites.

I have found a BP box that specs 40-100 Hz and handles 1500w, and there is also a preset to save the driver from damage that I will type into the Xilica 8080M, which by the way is an amazing tool Wink

http://www.eighteen.com/static/applications/kits/18_kit112SBP%20V1.pdf - http://www.eighteensound.com/staticContent/applications/kits/18Sound_kit112SBP%20V1.pdf

It would have fit perfectly as it has the same size as a elx115.
This means that I had been able to assemble EV original grille on the boxes and put an EV elx115 on top of two subs a side. It would be stylishClap  The rest of the EV boxes are used as monitor.

The main purpose of the rig is small live gigs at hotels and similar for approximately 150-200 people ... music style is jazz, blues and caribean where I do not need 2x18 subs a side. In the last show I was using HK audio, a singel active 15" BR sub and a 15" active top a side. It worked fine Smile

Is there any reason to believe that it would not be good at live gigs.
It needed a lot of headroom live so I wonder if the little cone area is a problem. I have also been thinking about building two 184 but they are a bit too big for my purpose and that I like having the flexibility of multiple subs.

Thanks in advance Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply