Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - one x1 + 1 hd15 + 1 xti 2000 - external xover = ?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

one x1 + 1 hd15 + 1 xti 2000 - external xover = ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FleaAccela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: one x1 + 1 hd15 + 1 xti 2000 - external xover = ?
    Posted: 10 January 2007 at 3:57am
here's the scenario...

im probally going to be reinforcing a soundsystem that is already built for a dubstep show. i wanted to build and add for the night a couple of subs since dubstep is predominately reliant on bass and i figured another sub or two couldnt hurt.

almost done building an x1. waiting for the driver to come in. everything else is sorted.

i thought that since it was in my budget, instead of building another x1, i could build an hd15 instead. not only does it ease up my pockets a lil since the eminence kappa 15LF i plan on using is about $200 less than another sd-18, but i figured it would balance out the x1 a lil and give some extra punch in the higher sub frequencies. this is more of a budget issue if anything else, trust, im building more x1's and hd15's in the future.

a close friend of mine who ive known for years is now a manager in a pro audio department of a certain chain of stores in the states. he said he could get me a brand new crown xti 2000 for roughly $450, which is nice.

i was originally planning on using this xti 2000 for running two x1's off of. here's my question tho.

was wondering about this specific amp. from my understanding, it has a limiter and crossovers already built onto it. does anyone know if i can run the x1 and the hd15 on it at the same time without an external digital crossover?...

are there seperate crossovers for each individual channel or are the crossovers on this amp used on both channels at the same time? id like to have the xover set for the x1 and have the hd15 set on the second channel. is this possible?

do they have seperate limiters as well?

cuz im thinking if this amp has limiters and xovers already built on them, i can save a lil money by not purchasing an external digital crossover.

does anyone have any experience with these amps? can i achieve what im speaking of?

Edited by FleaAccela - 10 January 2007 at 4:11am
Racks&Stacks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racks&Stacks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2007 at 7:28am
I would hold off on buying any of hte new gen crown amps until they have the i-tech all sorted out.  On the LAB forum there is a sh*t storm about these amps not working right.  xti is a lil different, but read up on what users are experiencing (or not) first.
FleaAccela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FleaAccela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2007 at 1:11pm
seems people are pretty pissed about both the xti and the i-tech let alone crown altogether. kinda makin me think about switching over to qsc seeing as it seems to be the favored amp brand in the lower budget bracket.
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2007 at 3:13pm
@FleaAccela: Go for 1 of X1 and 2 of HD15 [stacked together]. 1 HD15 will do hardly anything on its own.

FleaAccela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FleaAccela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2007 at 12:53pm
good call, will keep this in mind!
Dave Slater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Slater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2007 at 12:11pm
you wanna speak to Dom about Dubstep, X1's and HD15's

2 X1's and 2 HD15's is apparently the way to go...
 Post Reply Post Reply