Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Super Scooper Wheels?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILuvDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Super Scooper Wheels?
    Posted: 12 January 2007 at 3:47am

Would putting wheels on a Super Scooper have any negative effect? Cutting an angle at the rear of the bass? I ask because I've never seen a picture of a SS with wheels.

Static Age View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2007 at 5:00am
it should be fine, after all you're not interfeering with the horn path.
COWFOOT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COWFOOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2007 at 9:57am
As long as you're playing the scoops standing upright and the wheels take a portion of the weight of the box thereby preventing any rattling.
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2007 at 10:38am
Originally posted by ILuvDub ILuvDub wrote:

Would putting wheels on a Super Scooper have any negative effect? Cutting an angle at the rear of the bass? I ask because I've never seen a picture of a SS with wheels.

ILuvDub, Here's a couple of pics in the threads below with scoopers with wheels. They may even be more on here somewhere.

Beez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2007 at 12:37pm
we done the same thing on all our scoops, it's fine cutting into that section as it's sealed so doesn't effect the performance. i went 230mm from the corner both ways for the cut (if that makes sense?)which worked out nicely and used 4" wheels.

http://www.myspace.com/fablesoundsystem

jethrocker View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jethrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2007 at 1:37pm
I used some nice little wheels that mount flush into the cabinet without having to cut the angle.. they're available from adam hall. It's fiddly  to get the cut outs right, but the good thing is the weight of the cab always sits on the wheels without having to get them positioned perfectly, it's easier to tilt them back as the wheels act as a bearing, and they look wicked.

They do some corner mount ones too.. easier to fit but don't look so nice.

I'll try and find a pic of them on my scoopers so you can see how wicked they look;)
ILuvDub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILuvDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2007 at 9:05pm

Thanks guys! I will probably go the route of cutting the angle and mounting the wheels so they bare weight while the box plays. I also like your idea(I believe) Tekasis, about having 6 wheels. Lay her down sometimes, or lean her back sometimes.

One thing for sure, I don't want to sacrifice any stability while they're thumping any more than I want to sacrifice my back.

Any more feedback totally welcome. Respect.

Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2007 at 7:23am
Originally posted by ILuvDub ILuvDub wrote:

Thanks guys! I will probably go the route of cutting the angle and mounting the wheels so they bare weight while the box plays. I also like your idea(I believe) Tekasis, about having 6 wheels. Lay her down sometimes, or lean her back sometimes.

Lay her down sometimes, or lean her back ??????

ILuvDub, you getting rude & personal are ya ?????

I asked a builder about the 6-wheel idea & basically just got brushed off, as if the idea is crazy & it was a load of rubbish.
I still think it would work though.
You know what they say, if you want someything done, do it yourself.

Edited by Tekasis - 13 January 2007 at 7:23am
ILuvDub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILuvDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2007 at 8:34pm
Sorry to give such a visual man.

I think that idea would work good, and end up being very useful. If I end up guinny pigging it I will post pics. But we talking within the year.
 Post Reply Post Reply