Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vintage JBL 4700 Sound Power Series

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haschatan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2021 at 11:57pm
Hello.

Sorry but i tried to post in the for sale stuff but i am not allowed Dead

If somebody wants two unloaded 4785. I am relocating, they need to go.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165055208833
shaun1264 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaun1264 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2021 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by ollie80 ollie80 wrote:

I remember these speakers.  Early 90s and yes Butlins used them.

Still like the old JBL stuff.  Far better looking than today's cabs.  Look much more mighty back then! Big smile

Ollie

Hi Ollie, they were very well built cabinets.  I still have the TCB subs but sold others.  The only Sound Power Series speakers I have left are two pairs of the the 4726's with the  12' 2206 and large bi-radial horns, two pairs of the smaller 4716 with the 10' and the  4785 subs. 

Also a pair of absolute mint condition of Concert series 4851's

True work horse speakers.

It's strange to think back then Butlins in Bognor in the early 90's had just two pairs of the 4755's and a pair or 4785 TCB subs under the stage and Centre Stage was bigger than it is now.  80's saw them use EV, early 90's JBL Sound Power, mid 90's to around 2007 EAW KF series.  I remember when I was a kid they were in the process of switching to EAW, they had four arrayed each side of the stage but the four  subs each side of stage against the far wall and not yet installed/connected up and still relying on JBL TCB subs! 

That old EAW KF650e installation was a killer when ramped up.  Amazing clarity and power. 
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2021 at 10:30pm
I have a working 2118 here in fact I have a pair but one got ate buy some bugs on the cone area but it still works, the better one of the two works just dandy and is in OK condition if they are of any use to you? A bottle of Jameson would be nice for an exchange for the pair I'm based in Lewisham South London.

Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
Speaker4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speaker4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2023 at 8:18pm
JBL 4716 were very good just trying to remember Hf 
ChrisWard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisWard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2023 at 8:38am
here is a sales pic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12