Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denon DNS3500 screen fault

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2013 at 9:46pm
Abit off topic i know we had a problem with our's where we would get a massive belt when touched the platter or enything metal.

They come with a plug converter thing and use the neutral as a earth so make sure its the right way or replace with a proper plug, or enything thats earthed is now live.
Nottingham based cab builder. https://www.facebook.com/HMAudio-154352667920145/?ref=bookmarks
This account is used by 2 people.
ultrascan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrascan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2015 at 12:36am
Hi all
No display is usually caused by ZD903, it is a surface mount diode on the underside of the power supply board, a tiny little thing, this is a 2.4 volt zener diode, care is required when removing it, but you can fit a real 2.4 volt zener diode on the underside of the board, the cathode is to the right with the diode position closest to you,  I used a 2.6 volt as that is what  I had to hand working no problems.good luck and don't forget to disconnect the unit from the mains supply before working on it, or you will have problems also make a note of the direction of the ribbon cables checking on what side the blue bit is before disconnecting them, it will save you a lot of time and trouble. good luck, kr Pete

Edited by ultrascan - 06 December 2015 at 12:38am
Nomakon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nomakon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2019 at 7:13pm
FIXED I PUT A DIODE Zenner 1n5221 1/4w non SMD adapt the DIODE. Works correctly.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12